Page 11 of 87 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello all (please read this)

Richard

Lets get to the meat of the issue.

You have what could be some very cool things that you can contribute to the HHO community. But some of what your speaking of is not as important. The manor in which you create your HHO does not seem that very ground breaking. I assume that you dont know how efficient you electrolyzer is. If I'm wrong please tell us what your eletroyzer's MMW is?

And the solar panel thing, not important ether. (It does stand out as a big red flag for me, and seems a bit silly.)

The temperature thing is not ground breaking ether, controlling your temp is easy enough. But it would be good if you told us what your goal temperature is?

What you seem to have done that could be ground breaking. Is possibly Safely store HHO. It is hard for me to grasp that this can even be done, but your gasoline tank comprasion, does make a good point. If you could provide more some details on how you do this, links, photos, equipment...

Probably even more importantly how you regulate your HHO from the storage tank. How much (LPM) you feed to your engine at what RPM would be a very important detail. Details on the equipment you use to do this would also be helpful.

PS. I really liked your video!!

Ya getting power at work, no problem. I like the neighbour idea LOL.

80 amps x 12 volts = 960 watts plus losses....... so maybe 1100 watts on the 120 volt side.

so about a 1.1 kilo watt hour x the cost per kwh. umm 8 cents per kwh

So somewhere roughly 8.8 cents maybe up to 12 cents an hour?

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    Ya getting power at work, no problem. I like the neighbour idea LOL.

80 amps x 12 volts = 960 watts plus losses....... so maybe 1100 watts on the 120 volt side.

so about a 1.1 kilo watt hour x the cost per kwh. umm 8 cents per kwh

So somewhere roughly 8.8 cents maybe up to 12 cents an hour?

Glen
    This charging batteries stuff is waaaaaaaaaaay off topic. it just muddying the waters. new thread time. linky http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=5423

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    This charging batteries stuff is waaaaaaaaaaay off topic. it just muddying the waters. new thread time. linky http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=5423
    That thread has already been poisoned

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Richard, you missed the point. Even if you DID use all your surface area on your car for solar cells, you would barely get enough energy to drive 13 miles a day. That may be enough for VERY short commutes, but it's impractical.

The idea about storing HHO in your gasoline tank, again, misses the point. You have all the reactants you need with HHO. With gasoline, you only have gasoline, and gasoline vapor - VERY LITTLE OXYGEN. That is why gasoline is safe. HHO is in the most potent form - a stochiometric mixture, asking to be ignited by the tiniest of sparks.

It seems that this thread is going more in the direction of using massive batteries now... If you are going to carry along massive batteries, why not just go electric all the way??? This is getting way too complicated to the point of defeating the purpose of using HHO at all... Oh, you are right, Helz... You are talking about a 600A continuous battery bank... I doubt even a 20A charger would be able to overcome the float voltage of the batteries!

(NOTE: Float voltage is related to the self discharge of a battery. Maintaining the battery terminals at the "float voltage" ensures that the self discharge rate is countered by the current flowing into the batteries.)

Also, I'm sorry for the outburst. I should have just let it go... Sometimes, I may be a bit too outspoken when I see someone spreading misinformation.

Ironic - Joe Wilson got up and screamed "YOU LIE!" To Obama last night... Totally the wrong time/place to do that, and I guess mine was too. Sorry, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Also, I'm sorry for the outburst. I should have just let it go... Sometimes, I may be a bit too outspoken when I see someone spreading misinformation.

Ironic - Joe Wilson got up and screamed "YOU LIE!" To Obama last night... Totally the wrong time/place to do that, and I guess mine was too. Sorry, guys.
    We still love ya Phill!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Quote Originally Posted by cabrera View Post
    There is no call for that Philldpapill.
    RDL has at no time been derrogatory or disrespectful to you.

Bad Form!

Keep it professional.

its all good man, thanks, phill will calm down in time, just watch this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    Richard

Due to the initial high cost of the solar panels, could one not use a 120 volt

plug in charger to charge the batteries while at work and at night at home?

That is what I was planing. I have 4 large 12 voltage batteries meant for large diesel generators. I was planning on putting them in the back of my pickup truck along with the HHO generator. Run the gen off the additional batteries.
    Charge them at work and at home at night.

The four batteries would not be connected to the trucks alternator.

An on-board charger would be under $80.00
    yep you raised some good points but first remember that we are trying to cut cost on gas not spend gas money on electric bill. i also notices that you understand the whole more batteries thing that i was talking about, with the additional you have a power buffer or in your case it wont be connected to the alternator so it would just be more like storage insted of buffer. ok i have something i would like you to check out, try to find and alternator with greater AMP out put than your exciting alternator, with little to no additional drag on the belt. the alternator that came in my car was an 85AMP, i then found a company in china that sells high AMP alternators with little to no additional drag in the belt, so i bought a 13VDC@160AMP alternator from them. it is also possible to rewire your exciting alternator to get double the amperage, i found this out after i bought my 160AMP alternator LOL. but yea try to up your amps on your alternator with little to no drag that way you can connect more than 2 batteries to your car without stressing the alternator.

oh yea a quick tip for those who drive standard shift cars or whatever you drive, you should always gear down what coming to a stop because you can get your car's RPM up without using and fuel thous making HHO off slowing down. i sometimes go to visit my grandpa way up in the mountains sometimes and when coming off that long hill i switch my transmission to 2 (second) and let it slows the car by compression and the RPM is always high like say 3000 to 4000 for sometimes 20mins. i make alot of HHO doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by IM2L844 View Post
    Yes! You can do exactly that and you will see an increase in MPG with the load disconnected from your alternator. I've done it

yea but come on, you are just using your house power to run your car, we must try as much to keep things as free as possible.