Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HHO and trailer towing?

HHO and trailer towing?

OK braniacs help me out here. I have a 1998 GMC diesel turbo and pull a 7000lb trailer. i have 5 of the gas maker Tn hho units connected and a MAP enhancer on my turbo sensor with a Scan Gauge. Pulls about 25-30amps but I don't see much of an improvement in mileage,maybe 1/2 mpg if any. And when I use the MAP enhancer the Scan gauge shows that the mileage goes down at least 2mpg. So does the HHO only work on light cars that aren't under a load all the time? It looks like i'm wasting my time and money trying to make this work in a towing scenerio. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

i have 5 of the gas maker Tn hho units connected
    how many liters per minute of HHO are they puting out?

I think you can get it to work if you test enough. Its fighting that ECM thats the pain. some trucks can do it with nothing but a HHO generator. some need control of every sensor on the engine. seems youre going to need more then a MAP enhancer.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

counted wrong. i have 2 11plate cells and 1 20plate cell. HHO production is 2liters in 41 seconds. Talked to the gen maufaturer and he thinks i have to many cells. said to cut back to 2 11plate cells and give it a try.

Do you have a clamp meter to see how many amps the system is drawing in total?
    I reckon it is maybe 40+, and I would expect MPG to be dropping probably above about 25, maybe even less.
    Are you able to control the Amps with a PWM?
    If so, I would recommend doing some MPG tests at different settings to find the car's 'sweet spot'.

pulling just over 25 amps and I don't think it has a sweet spot.

Is that from cold? Do you have a PWM to keep it at that?
    If that is cold, then my rough sums make it that your three cells are delivering over 9MMW's!!!! That's fantastic???
    Personally I think it sounds like the figures are skewed.

no pwm and they produce 2 liters in 42 seconds. Im going to try the VOLO FS2 unit and see what happens.

Sorry for jumping in here but.... Is that "zolo F2S" an EFIE device?? McFugly is running gas and you are running diesel??
    What engine do you have? 6.2? Does your engine have some sort of fuel trim device like an O2 sensor? Some of the later models are using exhaust gas sensor feedback to calculate fuel input.

Have you considered trying water injection??...Along with your 2LPM of gas? According to Eagle-Reasearch, [George Wiseman] that injecting water with HHO can give you good gains. HE says that it works especial well in diesel engines. I bought His water inJ. manual and built a system for my 97 350 Chev. Just with water inj. alone I went from 17mpg to 19.8. Ive built a generator [ 1Lpm@ 10amps]. I have an EFIE, a MAP enhancer, but I havent got them tuned yet. George will work with you via Email if you have questions.
    I too have a camper [6000 LBS] that I havnt pulled yet. but I'm looking forward to seeing what my gain will be. You need to put it on a DYNO to really be accurate. But who has the money for that!!!

yea i dont think they make a Volo for your turbo diesel. ive heard many times that hho work better on a diesel. I think you jsut need to test the ranges of the sygnals of your sensors and get an OEM manual and find/make controls for them.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Ya I don't think they make a FS2 for diesel unfortunately.
    You can still get one for your Ford thou. Don!

the water injection idea sounds good.

Any luck with the Scangauge air/fuel setup Don?

I'm still waiting for my FS2 to be shipped I ordered it last Monday (7 days)
    Wondering if he is back ordered already.

Glen
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.