Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Maybe it's the Steam?

No, I'm CLFLYGUY over there, an ancient, ancient screen name from my earliest AOL training wheel days. While you're over there you've really got to read up on AlaskaStar's stuff. He's a real no BS young wizard from the top of the world with "the gift". I checked out Ecomodder last light, right after you posted about it, I'm gonna have to devote some reading time to that site because aerodynamics is the one true great love of my life, be it sailplanes, cars, sailboat sails, wind turbine blades (current love) or performance kites. With my wife, our ultimate goal is to live off grid with wind and solar for power, hydrogen and batt bank for storage, aquaponics for food, earth covered hose for insulation & element(s) protection and a semi-passive ammonia absorption HVAC system that uses a parabolic trough (solar) to provide the heat for the expansion of the refrigerant and photovoltaics to power the low current needs of the valves and trough shutters.
    I also was tickled spitless to find that aluminum smelting and casting info over there. That is something I have needed the knowledge & ability to do, to be able to pursue my retirement income ambition of making custom low wind speed (Fla.) wind turbines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

For off-the-grid living you should check out the DIY electric cars on EM
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

I agree, that if you understand the merit of steam, that recovering the heat to make steam from the engine is the way to go.

I don't believe the vacuum of the intake is high enough (or provides enough time) to fully atomize water droplets to there smallest possible size. That's the main reason why i think steam works better. I beleive the smaller the water size the quicker and and more completely it can help FE.

I also beleive there is a small advantage in getting the water temp being closer to the steam/flash temp in the combustion chamber. Less wasted energy.
    Again where talking Fuel economy, not power. (they sort of go hand in hand so...)

I also think their may be some dissociation of H2O to HHO. I no the temps are "on the low side for that to be possible", but some the things ive seen lead me to think otherwise.

I think steam could best benefit Fuel Economy by its ability to allow for some extreme leaning of air fuel ratio like with HHO, but possible even more so. This is something i planned on playing with.

http://better-mileage.com/water2.html
    related link http://better-mileage.com/water4.html
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

I've begun my tinkering project using this product I found at Overstock:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...i_sku=12630867

I just wanted to share my impressions that this is actually one cool device (personal ultrasonic nebulizer). It's not even for the cool fog that it produces (which it does seem to achieve a good amount).

It's that it has these cool mood LED's that shine into the tank while it operates, which is something I completely did not expect, based on the product description. Here's the real kicker- these LED's shift to different colors over time! I just have to give kudos to them for going a little out of their way to make for a VERY cool effect on a device as mundane in purpose as to simply humidify air.

Guys, I have had only 1 to 10% savings on and off on a 3.0L v6 pajero/montero.

I have been talking to Les who authored the D17 efie document. He says that steam is bad. Water is ok because it can expand but steam reduces the combustion.

I noticed one day I kept adding naoh to try and get more gas. I was running at 15 amps and the car was very smooth.. When I hit 20 amps the car really started struggling for power.

Les mentioned that this was the limit where my cell would be producing more steam than hho.

Quote Originally Posted by jbalat View Post

I have been talking to Les who authored the D17 efie document. He says that steam is bad. Water is ok because it can expand but steam reduces the combustion.

Steam in a engine becomes Fine water instantly.

The Induction (intake) air cools the steam on contact. Even with very large amounts of steam, it turn the steam back into fine water, instantly, way before the combustion chamber. The smaller the water particles the faster it can absorb the heat and turn into steam/kinetic energy.

In reality you would be lucky to be able to raise the Intake Air Temp 10 degrees with steam. No "steam" there just fine water

FWIW "Steam" is not visible to the eye. When you see what we call steam, it is actually already condensed water vapor.

What you are saying makes sense I guess, but how do you explain my sudden loss of power when running at 20Amps ?

I can try it again...
    I remember that when I tried it was night and it was raining, so I had the lights on, wipers going and heater/fan on to demist the window, maybe the extra drain from the hho generator was too much for the electrical system in the car ?

BTW do you know of anyone who has made any savings in a Pajero/Montero ??

You mentioned 2 different things. i was only addressing your friend Les's statement about steam.

A HHO cell / electrolyser making steam is not good. That is not the kind of steam source i would recommend. Steam from a electrolyser can be bad on many levels. Your issue has little to do with steam. It has more to do with efficient operation of your HHO cell ETC which is off topic from this thread. Maybe start a new thread with your question, or read some old ones.