Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's the Steam?

We've got our cells up to about 6MMW at 25 degrees C, so no steam. I could probably get more by spending a lot of time conditioning the plates with NaOH, but I personally don't think that it really matters that much past here. There are more important considerations in getting MPG results.
    I think some people think they're in the MMW olympics. Lol.

On one occasion I seemed to have had a very high (unverified 74) MPG result, and my bubbler had been empty for the journey. I have wondered whether the HHO being much hotter because it hadn't passed through the water in the bubbler, was anything to do with it.
    It may be a bit riskier to run this way, but I hope to do more testing on this theory again some time, as well as trying an air intake bubbler which could act as a water injection system separate to HHO.

I too at first had a cell that ran with an empty bubbler and was boiling and pumping steam into my intake, without me knowing mind you, and my MPGs doubled on that 100 mile trip. that was when I first started working with HHO and thats what got me all exicted about it. I didnt know anything about water injection at the time. I have yet to bust most then 8 MPG gains since then and Ive kept my cell and bubblers all maintained.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

This is very interesting!
    I thought the high MPG was just a fill-up inaccuracy, but now I'm starting to wonder.
    I watched a youtube video of some guys who run their HHO through a high temperature vacuum to get more monatomic hydrogen, which is supposedly far more effective at increasing MPG. Here is the video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfBKlaWOAXc

I wouldn't want to try it personally, but the principle behind it could explain what we MAY be experiencing with the 'no bubbler' and hot HHO effect.

It could also go some way to explain why having the HHO intake as close to combustion point as possible could be advantageous.

Once again, Richard, you speak from ignorance... As a couple of other guys have stated, it's NOT about cooling like you keep touting on about for everything. The point of water injection is to convert some extra waste heat, into more expansion power.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    We've got our cells up to about 6MMW at 25 degrees C, so no steam. I could probably get more by spending a lot of time conditioning the plates with NaOH, but I personally don't think that it really matters that much past here. There are more important considerations in getting MPG results.
    I think some people think they're in the MMW olympics. Lol.

On one occasion I seemed to have had a very high (unverified 74) MPG result, and my bubbler had been empty for the journey. I have wondered whether the HHO being much hotter because it hadn't passed through the water in the bubbler, was anything to do with it.
    It may be a bit riskier to run this way, but I hope to do more testing on this theory again some time, as well as trying an air intake bubbler which could act as a water injection system separate to HHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    I too at first had a cell that ran with an empty bubbler and was boiling and pumping steam into my intake, without me knowing mind you, and my MPGs doubled on that 100 mile trip. that was when I first started working with HHO and thats what got me all exicted about it. I didnt know anything about water injection at the time. I have yet to bust most then 8 MPG gains since then and Ive kept my cell and bubblers all maintained.

More evidence of that common thread? personally i think their is a pattern. Like i said in the first post, i have seen many claims of 100%-200% gains and they all seem to have the heat / steam and proximity in common.

Heat or Steam or_______? not sure. Whatever the reason i suggest we all do more testing in this area. Ill let the smarter guys figure out the whys. I do know intake temp sensor could account for some leaning but...

(i wish i had that generator to test with there so much less subjective than a car)

Ill be pumping some steam from a some sort humidifier/steam gen into the generator, Ill film it all and document my findings. Im setting up a nice fuel messurement system right now. I wasnt in love with smacks kitchen messuring cup. Ill have a 1/4 gal cylinder with a clear gas line with messurments all the way to the carb and figure out what the bowl holds to calc that in as well.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Once again, Richard, you speak from ignorance... As a couple of other guys have stated, it's NOT about cooling like you keep touting on about for everything. The point of water injection is to convert some extra waste heat, into more expansion power.
    I agree with you about cooling within the context of what Richard is saying. But- cooling the HHO leaving the cell does matter, but not like he thinks. Consider that the steam does carry electrolyte in suspension along with it into the intake. Both NaOh and KOh will attack the aluminum parts in the engine. Routing the HHO through a bubbler will remove some. Routing the HHO through a condenser will greatly reduce the electrolyte bearing steam. Routing it through a desiccant filter will reduce it even further. This is easy to verify by dipping litmus paper into the steam. Anything higher than 7 is a basic solution indicating trace electrolyte. The goal is to cool and filter the steam out of the HHO until it has a neutral ph of 7. Also, if at some point you pull out your aluminum intake manifold and see a whitish haze inside, your HHO system is corroding your engine parts.
    Red Rat

Yep yep,

My thoughts were to build a seperate steam generator. It would take block water/coolant and run though a type of enclosed heat exchanger that could evaporate about 500CCs an hour. Thats should be 800 LPH or 12 LPM of steam.

Regulating the steam is the trick i have not figured out yet.

Another thought

WHAT IF????

Could Gasoline and HHO in the firing in the combustion chamber, have the right conditions to cause Steam to convert to HHO and ...?

OR

Could Gasoline and HHO in the combustion chamber have the right conditions to cause Steam (with electrolyte in it) to convert to HHO?

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    WHAT IF????
    Could Gasoline and HHO in the firing in the combustion chamber, have the right conditions to cause Steam to convert to HHO and ...?
    OR
    Could Gasoline and HHO in the combustion chamber have the right conditions to cause Steam (with electrolyte in it) to convert to HHO?
    One of the by products of gasoline combustion already is water. Not sure what percentage per gallon. But it certainly contributes during combustion. Did you ever notice all of the steam coming out of your exhaust pipe on a cold morning? If it is not a blown head gasket or cracked head, it is a result of gasoline combustion.
    Red Rat