Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's the Steam?

Roland, i think the following might interest you;

There use to be a video on YouTube. It showed a Japanese company testing a van with a new concept of hydrogen and water to steam. They called it HAW (Hydrogen And Water, i think). They showed legal documentation from the road authority or whatever exactly it was, which was part of putting it on the road for a period of testing.

The following is the sequence of how it works;
    1. Hydrogen injected into the engine
    2. hydrogen is ignited
    3. Water is injected after the hydrogen combustion, which then turns to steam. The car is driven by the created steam...
    in that case, the car stores the Hydrogen in a tank. From memory, it looked kind of small compared to some other videos i have seen of hydrogen storage tanks.

So i know that steam could very well have merit.

Then there is someone who came out with a patent who claimed to have run a car with a small amount of HHO if mixed with Dry Steam. That is without petrol/ gasoline. I am not an Engineer, but my understanding of it is that Dry Steam is pure steam. Wet steam is a mixture of steam and some water particles/ droplets, or whatever the exact terminology for it is. His name is Aguero, Juan Carlos. He claims a 1400cc engine only needs 10cc of hydrogen per second when combined with dry steam. It equals 0.6 liters per minute for such an engine. For the benefit of people in the US, a 1.4Liter engine is about 85 cubic inches.

If anyone tries out Aguero Juan Carlos's patent idea, please start a new thread and share it.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyb View Post
    Roland, i think the following might interest you;

There use to be a video on YouTube. It showed a Japanese company testing a van with a new concept of hydrogen and water to steam. They called it HAW (Hydrogen And Water, i think). They showed legal documentation from the road authority or whatever exactly it was, which was part of putting it on the road for a period of testing.

The following is the sequence of how it works;
    1. Hydrogen injected into the engine
    2. hydrogen is ignited
    3. Water is injected after the hydrogen combustion, which then turns to steam. The car is driven by the created steam...
    in that case, the car stores the Hydrogen in a tank. From memory, it looked kind of small compared to some other videos i have seen of hydrogen storage tanks.

So i know that steam could very well have merit.

Then there is someone who came out with a patent who claimed to have run a car with a small amount of HHO if mixed with Dry Steam. That is without petrol/ gasoline. I am not an Engineer, but my understanding of it is that Dry Steam is pure steam. Wet steam is a mixture of steam and some water particles/ droplets, or whatever the exact terminology for it is. His name is Aguero, Juan Carlos. He claims a 1400cc engine only needs 10cc of hydrogen per second when combined with dry steam. It equals 0.6 liters per minute for such an engine. For the benefit of people in the US, a 1.4Liter engine is about 85 cubic inches.

If anyone tries out Aguero Juan Carlos's patent idea, please start a new thread and share it.
    Johny B

Awesome post Thanks!!!!!!

HAW make perfect since to me H2 by itself provides very little power the addition of misting or (wet steam) turning into steam would provide the power to the heat.

The dry steam addition is the one I'm interested in

This would explain many super high gain MPG's reports and some other things I've seen and heard of. (Richard's Subaru comes to mind)

Yes anyone with more info on Aguero Juan Carlos's patent or test results please provide a link or...

Here's a link on one thing http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0405919.html
    Interesting that he uses the word "probably" in this explanation, as to what is happening from the dry steam in the combustion chamber. Which to me, means he is not sure why he sees benefits of the dry steam addition.

How some define "dry steam"

Yes, you can have "dry" steam. A measure of the "wetness" of steam is
    >called quality. Quality varies from 0 to 1, with a quality of 0 being a
    >saturated liquid and 1 being a saturated vapor. When steam has a quality of
    >1, it is considered "dry" steam. If the quality falls between 0 and 1, it
    >is considered "wet" steam. You can have a can of steam because of the ideal
    >gas law, PV=nRT. At a given pressure (P), volume (V), and temperature (T),
    >a certain mass (n is the number of moles of a substance) can be in just
    >about any state. Tip the pressure one way, and the state changes. Same
    >goes for volume and temperature. The trick to get a dry can of steam is to
    >know the volume of your can and the amount of H20 in the can. Assuming the
    >can to be a constant volume and that the H2O cannot escape, you pick the
    >temperature and pressure needed to get "dry" steam. There is a chart of
    >steam tables in just any thermodynamics book that can tell you this
    >information on what to choose. Change anyone of the variables slightly
    >thought, you'll loose your can of "dry" steam.

That's great!!

Kind of sounds a lot like the idea we're talking about, with hot dry HHO and a separate water injection. I'm quite close to doing this already, just need to work out a good steam production system.

Any ideas?

rig some type of small pressure coker on the exhuast manifold somehow?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Talking

wow i must add, maybe the steam play a big part in my gains. the HHO output line coming from my final bubbler is blowing some steam, i just check this and went back and check some videos.

look at the end of this video when i take the HHO line out of the water, you can see steam blowing out

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    That's great!!

Kind of sounds a lot like the idea we're talking about, with hot dry HHO and a separate water injection. I'm quite close to doing this already, just need to work out a good steam production system.

Any ideas?
    i can tell you how to make a good HHO and steam gen in one LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Johny B

Awesome post Thanks!!!!!!

HAW make perfect since to me H2 by itself provides very little power the addition of misting or (wet steam) turning into steam would provide the power to the heat.

The dry steam addition is the one I'm interested in

This would explain many super high gain MPG's reports and some other things I've seen and heard of. (Richard's Subaru comes to mind)

Yes anyone with more info on Aguero Juan Carlos's patent or test results please provide a link or...

Here's a link on one thing http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP0405919.html
    Interesting that he uses the word "probably" in this explanation, as to what is happening from the dry steam in the combustion chamber. Which to me, means he is not sure why he sees benefits of the dry steam addition.

How some define "dry steam"

Yes, you can have "dry" steam. A measure of the "wetness" of steam is
    >called quality. Quality varies from 0 to 1, with a quality of 0 being a
    >saturated liquid and 1 being a saturated vapor. When steam has a quality of
    >1, it is considered "dry" steam. If the quality falls between 0 and 1, it
    >is considered "wet" steam. You can have a can of steam because of the ideal
    >gas law, PV=nRT. At a given pressure (P), volume (V), and temperature (T),
    >a certain mass (n is the number of moles of a substance) can be in just
    >about any state. Tip the pressure one way, and the state changes. Same
    >goes for volume and temperature. The trick to get a dry can of steam is to
    >know the volume of your can and the amount of H20 in the can. Assuming the
    >can to be a constant volume and that the H2O cannot escape, you pick the
    >temperature and pressure needed to get "dry" steam. There is a chart of
    >steam tables in just any thermodynamics book that can tell you this
    >information on what to choose. Change anyone of the variables slightly
    >thought, you'll loose your can of "dry" steam.
    my output line always looked try(no vapor built up) so i never taught i was porting steam too, its only when i hold the hose out and took a good look at the output that i realized. other than that i cant see it.

I suppose the problem with getting the HHO generator to the temperatures to produce more steam is that the cell would need to be capable of handling that sort of heat, maybe all stainless steel.
    We've all done this process to varying 'degrees' but to get this to really work efficiently we probably need to have the a separate steam generator.
    I like the idea of using the exhaust manifold heat, and am thinking of using copper 'microbore' tube and coiling it round it. We could just use a bubbler action to pick up some water droplets but maybe it needs more water than this is likely to inject.

mmmmm??

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    wow i must add, maybe the steam play a big part in my gains. the HHO output line coming from my final bubbler is blowing some steam, i just check this and went back and check some videos.

look at the end of this video when i take the HHO line out of the water, you can see steam blowing out

sh#t ya I see it
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Just for the record, "Dry" steam, is a term used to describe the "quality". Quality of steam is basically the percentage of water in a given volume that is steam. Sounds simple enough, but not really... It has to do with temperature and pressure.

If you have a 1 cubic meter box(volume), and you have 100grams of steam in the top, and 100grams in the bottm as just water, then the quality would be 0.5. If you turn up the heat, more of the water will turn to steam until ALL the liquid water has turned into vapor. At that point, you would have 1.0 quality(100% steam). The temperature at 100% steam is a function of the pressure in the box, so as more liquid turns into vapor, the pressure goes up, so the boiling point of the water goes up, so less liquid turns to steam until an equilibrium is reached.

There are tables called "steam tables"(clever title, huh?). These tables are a compilation of empirical data that show what the pressure will be at X temperature(1.0 quality), and what the temperature will be at a specific pressure... Basic thermodynamic stuff.

ANYWAY, back to the topic now...