Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's the Steam?

so a good steam generator would have a coil around the exhaust manifold that heats water in a pressure cook type container with 2 release valves, 1 that releases the steam into the intake for combustion when it reaches the right pressure (what ever that might be, have to see that steam table) for the right "quality". and the second to release the over pressure to maintain the correct "quality"? sound right? simple enough if so. This is one of the tests Im wanting to try on my small power generator.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I think dry steam can be best visualized. I cant find it right now but wikipedia said steam is clear, you cant see it. You can only see steam as it starts to become "wetter" as it cools down. so i assume dry steam just simple cant be seen "Pure vapor"
    Like the pressure cooker you cant see steam in the first 2-3" coming out the pressure relief hole. then as it cools visible droplets form.

This could also explain the idea "closer the better " proximity of injection of HHO to the combustion chamber.

I know this idea is a bit reaching and we could be getting way ahead of ourselves, but i really think this steam thing is a key point. I think this reaction, "Dry steam and high heat / pressure" could also explain the burning thermite & Ice exploding (Myth Buster's video). Anyway its a theory worth testing

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I suppose the problem with getting the HHO generator to the temperatures to produce more steam is that the cell would need to be capable of handling that sort of heat, maybe all stainless steel.
    We've all done this process to varying 'degrees' but to get this to really work efficiently we probably need to have the a separate steam generator.
    I like the idea of using the exhaust manifold heat, and am thinking of using copper 'microbore' tube and coiling it round it. We could just use a bubbler action to pick up some water droplets but maybe it needs more water than this is likely to inject.

mmmmm??
    i can show you how to build one. my gen can run for a full day at full blast and never burn, its all stainless steel. it get pass 150 degrees, if i slow the circulation of the mixture it can put out alot of steam, it was getting super hot thats why i added the pump to help circulation.

im currently thinking about drilling my intake manifold to place 4 ports(1 port each) at the intake valves. i want to inject the HHO and steam (before i change over to dry cells) directly into the combustion chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    so a good steam generator would have a coil around the exhaust manifold that heats water in a pressure cook type container with 2 release valves, 1 that releases the steam into the intake for combustion when it reaches the right pressure (what ever that might be, have to see that steam table) for the right "quality". and the second to release the over pressure to maintain the correct "quality"? sound right? simple enough if so. This is one of the tests Im wanting to try on my small power generator.
    I believe you can't go too hot, super-heated steam is our goal. I think you should start by making a deliver system that can produce 3 LPM for every liter of Engine displacement. Then you can reduce the flow if desired.
    To regulate the amount in a very hot steam maker could be done partially by regulating a feed-water source.

Water to steam is about 1:1600, 20 drops =1 ml.
    So if i did this right, 12 drops of water should be close to 1 liter of steam.
    A small pump with a needle valve should get us started. Feed that into your exhaust heat exchanger and that should work.

I think you could also use water jacket heat to make steam. It's not as hot, but you can make steam at lower temps than 212. There was a guy who had a hot electrolyzer that ran at 170 F and it put out a ton of steam he also claimed 120% MPG gains. Also if you put it in a vacuum (Which is what we are suggesting) you can even boil water at lower temps.

Im guessing you can check for dry steam with a mirror or something chrome. take your HHO hose off where you have it going into the intake and put it up to a cool mirror or something you can fog up with your breath. see if it foggs up at all.

could you not test to see if there are electrolytes coming out of your HHO output hose by letting it run while laying on a mirror, that has a sliver of ice underneath to keep the mirrow cool, for a while and then letting the mirror dry? wouldnt it leave a little white residue on the mirror? not sure if KOH would leave residue even if it were in the steam. I guess I can pump up my cell to over heat and test that tomorrow. if it did Ill try it how its setup now. also if it works then this would be a standard test to check to see if electrolytes are getting into your intake.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Electrolytes in steam test.

Im gunna test my cold mirror theory tonight to see if the steam leaves any electrolyte on the mirror after it dries. Im going to double my electrolytes and hook my system up to my power supply that i can control the amps on and get that sucker HOT then, using only the refill tank bubbler, let the steam blow over a small, cool mirrow for about 5 or 10 minutes then let it dry and see if I can see any white residu on the mirror. if i do, its a valid test so then im going to put it back the way I normally run it, which seems as if it has no steam and it runs about 120 F, to do the same test. only ill have to let it run for about 20 to 30 minutes then check for any white on the mirror. maybe this could be a standard test to check for electrolytes in your output. simple enough.

gunna make a new thread if i get good results.
    www.hhounderground.com

then let it dry and see if I can see any white residu on the mirror.
    Hey Helz! before you start that mirror test, make sure you get that other white residu off of it
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by biggy boy View Post
    Hey Helz! before you start that mirror test, make sure you get that other white residu off of it
    thankfully, those days have passes
    www.hhounderground.com

electrolyte in steam test results

OK I did the electrolyte in steam test. I doubled the KOH in my system and got it nice at hot so it was pumping out enough HHO along with steam. I put a ziplock bag of ice and water under a small mirrow and let the steam hit the glass for about 10 minutes, it got nice and fogged up then wet. I let it dry and it did have white residu left behind after it dried. I then mixed my solution back the way I run it normally and let it set on the mirrow for about 30 minutes. it didnt fog up but it did leave a little moisture behind, very little, and dried up with no white residu at all.

I dont think this would be a good test to see if you have steam but it seems to me it would be a conclusive test to see if you have electrolytes coming out of the end of your HHO's output hose.
    www.hhounderground.com

Man I'm so naive.
    I saw that in another of your posts and thought it was a dude cutting steel with laser eyes, but it just didn't look right, the laser part that is.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.