Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first fuel cell, need recommendations.

hydro Guest

My first fuel cell, need recommendations.

I’m making plans for my first cell. I intend to install the system in my 2001 Subaru Impreza RS. It has a normally aspirated 2.5L fuel injected engine.

I understand the basics of the setup and electrical connections. I was thinking of using a +nn-nn+ electrode setup.

But what size should I make the plates to get an ideal amount of HHO for my 2.5L engine?

Thanks guys.

Plate size

Well, I am not sure anyone here has that information on optimum plate size. I use 16 plates that are about 2.75" x 3.5". You suggested using +nn-nn+. You do understand that the negative plate produces the hydrogen. It is going to have to work 4 times as hard as your two positive plates which could shorten the life of your negative plate. When splitting water this way, your going to produce two hydrogen for each oxygen, so the 2 positive plates will only produce 25% of what a negative plate will produce. Since you have 2 positive plates, then your negative plate is going to be working overtime to keep up with the two positive plates. My logic is based on the assumption that the oxy to hydo ratio must always be 1:2. Some of the best visually performing cells I have watched use SS mesh instead of plates. I plan to build a mesh cell, just havent gotten around to it yet. Mostly, I havent been able to locate SS mesh any place except online.

gasmakr Guest
    Subarus seem to respond good to HHO i have a 97 impreza with a ej22 and a 2 cell system my plate size currently is 2.5"x5" but i'm working on a newer cell setup with larger plates..... my plate setup is -nn+nn-nn+nn-

as far as optimum size there is no optimum size that's why we all experiment so much to find out what works for us.

bagrman Guest
    There is a Guru of HHO that goes by zerofossilfuel on youtube.com, He has tested plate stacks and has come up with +nnnnn-nnnnn+, reason being the voltage and heat will drop. ck out photobucket.com search for bagrman.

Latr
    Bagrman

Ronjinsan Guest
    Yep.... I asked him to pop in here sometime, you never know, he may say hello. Anyway I tried all the plate configs and found my best combo was mot to go above 3 neutrals. I am now on +nnn-nnn+. We tried it with 4 and 5 but just werent happy with the results!
    Cheers

tbhavsar Guest

Where to Buy SS 316(L) plate?

Hello,

I am new to HHO and also to this forum. I have been researching HHO to design my Cell. Can someone tell me where to buy SS 316 plates and how thick it should be?

tbhavsar

tbhavsar Guest
    Hello,

Today I got Stainless Sheet 22 gauge and cutting into 120mm x 75mm; I am going for +nnn-nnn+ configuration. I will let you know the progress. I would like know how I should measure the gas output; I would appreciate any feedback.
    Tushar

Measuring output

You will need your generator, a bottle, a bucket or something similar and a watch. Fill the bucket halfway with water, fill the bottle with water. Turn on your generator, take the hose and put it in the bottle of water. Get your watch ready and flip the bottle and hose over and place into the bucket of water. Time the amount of time it takes for the gas to force the water out of the upturned bottle. If you use a standard coke bottle it about 590 ml. If it takes a minute to fill the bottle with gas, then its about .5L per minute.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

tbhavsar Guest
    Stratous, Thanks for your valuable input; I am trying to visualize the process to understand. I have couple of Questions;

(1) How much water to fill in the Bottle? (I guess full, right?)

(2) Do I need to hold the bottle turned upside down? (since it will not balance itself, right?) (

Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Stratous, Thanks for your valuable input; I am trying to visualize the process to understand. I have couple of Questions;

(1) How much water to fill in the Bottle? (I guess full, right?)

(2) Do I need to hold the bottle turned upside down? (since it will not balance itself, right?) (
    Fill the bottle till its full and yes you must hold the bottle. As the water is forced out the bottle will attempt to float. You must hold the bottle straight and keep it submerged.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG