Thread: Hho cell causes bomb scare

Post Hho cell causes bomb scare

In toronto yesterday a large evacuation took place because of bomb scare. It happened when a van was stolen, then towed to a yard, and parked beside large propane tank. thats when they noticed the "device" in the back of the van. Bomb squad came, exvacuated like 2 square km. They saw a tube with clear liquid in it and wires and hoses all over the place and freaked. The owner of the van was arested. Turns out he's a college student with a class project to develop alternative fuels and such. When i saw the picture of the cell i knew instantly what it was.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...vacuation.html

Quote Originally Posted by slade420 View Post
    In toronto yesterday a large evacuation took place because of bomb scare. It happened when a van was stolen, then towed to a yard, and parked beside large propane tank. thats when they noticed the "device" in the back of the van. Bomb squad came, exvacuated like 2 square km. They saw a tube with clear liquid in it and wires and hoses all over the place and freaked. The owner of the van was arested. Turns out he's a college student with a class project to develop alternative fuels and such. When i saw the picture of the cell i knew instantly what it was.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/sto...vacuation.html
    That's funny, They tow his car then arrest him because they are scared???
    The story doesn't really say why by maybe there was a followup story. Why was the "Student to be given psychiatric assessment"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

I'm impressed that happened in Canada. I thought ignorant fear-mongering was our domain here in the US

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygoldsmith View Post
    I'm impressed that happened in Canada. I thought ignorant fear-mongering was our domain here in the US
    No man we are catching up fast!
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

I still think the Boston bomb scare from the ATHF cartoon promotion was more ridiculous.....

We had some clown from the University of Toronto, as an artistic gesture in 2007, placed a sculpture that resembled a bomb outside the Royal Ontario Museum.
    A few hours later, two videos depicting a fake bombing of the museum were posted to YouTube.
    The guy did it the night of a Gala event fund raiser, it was cancelled of course.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygoldsmith View Post
    I still think the Boston bomb scare from the ATHF cartoon promotion was more ridiculous.....
    That was quite amazing. I'm sure Alkaid teaches to make bombs that blink. More over it was nice that it was made out of plexi, so you could see that there was not bomb in the device, just a battery pack.
    Thank you Boston Police for wasting my taxes... even more...

In this day and age, it seems that you can yell fire and the person would burned the pop-corn in the microwave will go to jail.

At lest with the HHO device it looks likes a bomb.
    But a paper bag lunch looks like a bomb too....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jerryrigger View Post
    That was quite amazing. I'm sure Alkaid teaches to make bombs that blink. More over it was nice that it was made out of plexi, so you could see that there was not bomb in the device, just a battery pack.
    Thank you Boston Police for wasting my taxes... even more...

In this day and age, it seems that you can yell fire and the person would burned the pop-corn in the microwave will go to jail.

At lest with the HHO device it looks likes a bomb.
    But a paper bag lunch looks like a bomb too....
    How did this guy get banned on his first post
    Or is that his handle?