Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how far can we cut the A/F and still run

Lightbulb how far can we cut the A/F and still run

this is a question I had on another thread. and really wanted to see an answer.
    with an AFC you can control exacty what your F/A ratio is at any set rpm. of course you lose torque/hp so you try replacing that gas being cut with HHO.Lets say you have a 2.0 engine at highway rpms, say 2000 rpms, and producing "Y" LPM HHO, you can cut your fuel ratio down from 14.7:1 (isnt that the default in open loop?) to X:1. (X=air) and still have enough HP/torque to get up to 2000 RPMs and highway speeds.

We need the F/A ratio needed to run an IC on only HHO. I think you can find it here but its over my head or maybe someone knows the answer
    ( http://www.docstoc.com/docs/8568558/...sed-IC-engines )

knowing the A/F ratio of a HHO only IC engine we can find the value of X and know how far we can cut back our A/F ratio on a 2.0 liter engine while producing "Y" LPM of HHO and have enough HP/torque to drive the car at 2000 RPMs at highway speeds.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    this is a question I had on another thread. and really wanted to see an answer.
    with an AFC you can control exacty what your F/A ratio is at any set rpm. of course you lose torque/hp so you try replacing that gas being cut with HHO.Lets say you have a 2.0 engine at highway rpms, say 2000 rpms, and producing "Y" LPM HHO, you can cut your fuel ratio down from 14.7:1 (isnt that the default in open loop?) to X:1. (X=air) and still have enough HP/torque to get up to 2000 RPMs and highway speeds.

We need the F/A ratio needed to run an IC on only HHO. I think you can find it here but its over my head or maybe someone knows the answer
    ( http://www.docstoc.com/docs/8568558/...sed-IC-engines )

knowing the A/F ratio of a HHO only IC engine we can find the value of X and know how far we can cut back our A/F ratio on a 2.0 liter engine while producing "Y" LPM of HHO and have enough HP/torque to drive the car at 2000 RPMs at highway speeds.
    I don't know what the answer is, but if it was me doing the experimenting, I would install a ETG (exhaust temperature gauge)
    To monitor the exhaust temp to make sure I'm not over heating the motor and risking damage from leaning out to much.
    If I had a AFC and A ETG I'd be all over it, but both of those items are pricey I looked into getting an ETG for my truck but the price kind of turned me away from the idea.
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

yea you would absolutely need an ATG when using a AFC, those valves will burn the frick up if you cut that fuel to much and then your fricked.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

If you cut the air to gas down to 12:1 you will run hotter but if U install a vaporizer with hho it would cut the temp down. Exhaust temp sensor

What is that a picture of in your avatar
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

me hiding behind a cooked pigs head
    www.hhounderground.com

i think 12:1 would be an increase in fuel would it not?
    12 parts air to 1 part fuel.

I think you meant to go the other way like 17.4:1 right?
    www.hhounderground.com

I'd love to get to 17.4:1 ratio
    That would be the ticket I think!!
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

me hiding behind a cooked pigs head
    Wow, you are the prettiest dude i have ever seen.

Oh U SUK LOL
    pretty,,, damn U
    now i have to change my avitar so i dont get a complex
    www.hhounderground.com

Oh U SUK LOL
    pretty,,, damn U
    now i have to change my avitar so i dont get a complex
    LOL I thought it was the wife in the picture behind the pig head, but I did not want to say anything.
    Sorry