Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What has more energy/power to propel a car for 1 minute?

mario brito Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by stickittoopec View Post
    I will try to explain what we are attempting to do. We are not trying to run our cars or trucks on the hydrogen. We are using the HHO gas as an accelerant. The vapor that comes off the small droplets of gasoline burns at about 4,000 feet per second. Hydrogen in air burns at about 38,000 feet per second. When you do the math, you will see that an engine running at 2000 rpm (appx. highway speed) does not have enough time to completely burn the fuel (the power stroke is only one of the four strokes per rpm). The thought is if you can catch all the fuel on fire at once, rather than waiting for the flame to make its way down from the spark plug and through the gas, you will get a more efficient burn. I hope this sheds some light on what we are trying to do.
    Finally !!!! just from this post, you should "jump" from newbie to mentor ! points to you !

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    I agree.

Now we get down to the issue.

If your car is running perfectly well, it will use air and gasoline at a 14.7:1 ratio.

If you use HHO as an 'accelerant' or as a catalyst how high do you expect the air fuel ratio to go?

If you can lean it to 17:1 you will achieve a 15% mpg gain. Not any more than that.

Why? Because the HHO adds an insignificant amount of energy at 1 L/min.

Today we are using 90% gasoline and 10% ethanol.

Ethanol has only 70% of the fuel energy as gasoline.

Would you expect your mpg to be affected?

BoyntonStu
    Do you actually have anything constructive to say? I see you here posting bits and pieces of information that support your asertion that we are struggling against hopelessness. Did you read the entire NASA report because there is alot more information in that report that gives credence to our claim than you brought forth. You must work for OPEC or something.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

I figure that there is someone out there somewhere who is so well versed with mathematics, science, chemistry etc, who could probably come up with a formula to PROVE that there is no sun in the sky and that the blue sky is in fact green. Who gives a flying fling what graphs and charts say?? The proof is in the pudding! If you put this in your gas and your engine burns less gasoline for the same mileage as a result, what is there to argue?? Hundreds of people PROVE it everyday, but so many people can't accept it. I don't get it. Just because someone thinks they found a way that doesn't add up on paper, they think the whole concept is preposterous. Wow. To everyone on this forum who is here to help benefit mankind and not hold it back, I extend my appreciation and sympathies because your turn to be burned at the stake is probably coming up.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

What is the percentage of fuel that remains unburned and is ejected from the cylinder? I believe I have read that most gasoline engines are only ~27% efficient. I am pretty sure Hydrogen can increase that by 70 to 80%. Perhaps even double.

I read 25% efficient. A LOT of room for improvement.
    Give a man a match, and he’ll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 3.8L SII S/C'd
    15%-20% MPG increase at 1.5 Amps
    2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L V8
    No gains.

There are other HHO boards out there that have individuals come and try to dissuade people. I have no idea why they do it, but they come and overload people with useless information, cutting a pasting only the info that supports their argument leaving out all the evidence that goes against them. I have seen it several times in places like these.
    http://aardvarkforums.co.nz/forums/v...?p=24519#24519

This guy makes me think of the Bruce Simpson character in the above link

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    Do you actually have anything constructive to say? I see you here posting bits and pieces of information that support your asertion that we are struggling against hopelessness. Did you read the entire NASA report because there is alot more information in that report that gives credence to our claim than you brought forth. You must work for OPEC or something.
    Please refer to the report and the sections that you would like to share.

BoyntonStu

Question

Quote Originally Posted by HHOhoper View Post
    I read 25% efficient. A LOT of room for improvement.
    Exactly!

That is why NASA spent to bucks to investigate.

How do you propose to raise the efficiency?

BoyntonStu

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Stratous View Post
    What is the percentage of fuel that remains unburned and is ejected from the cylinder? I believe I have read that most gasoline engines are only ~27% efficient. I am pretty sure Hydrogen can increase that by 70 to 80%. Perhaps even double.
    "I am pretty sure Hydrogen can increase that by 70 to 80%. Perhaps even double."

Pretty sure? Based on what evidence?

70% and 80% are more than double.

What objective evidence do you have?

BoyntonStu

Quote Originally Posted by BoyntonStu View Post
    "I am pretty sure Hydrogen can increase that by 70 to 80%. Perhaps even double."

Pretty sure? Based on what evidence?

70% and 80% are more than double.

What objective evidence do you have?

BoyntonStu
    Increasing anything by 70 to 80% is not double. Double would be increasing by 100%.