Thread: After all the research

CARLOSRX7 Guest

After all the research

Hello, Ive been doing my homework, looking to prepare an hho generator, I found something call the tube, is made with a 4 inch diameter about 8 inches long with two end caps on both sides about 12 inches long with the caps, on one cap I drill a 3/8 hole for a 8 inches stainless steel screw where I insert 12 two inches washers with lock washers between, after tight the nuts looks like a little radiator, inside the pvc I insert an stainless steel sheet covering the inside of the pvc and drill a hole for the positive screw holding the two ends of the sheet, the little radiator will be the negative and will be in the center of the pvc, not touching the inside stainless steel sheet, on the other cap I drill a hole for a plastic tap to refuel the pvc with water and another hole for the hose conector, Im using a 1/8 hose, everything looks nice, I conect a battery charger and the thing start to work nice, I conect the hose and inserted on a water container and bubbles come out very nice, about 2-3 bubles per second, the problem I have is heat, after 20 minutes running I almost cant hold the pvc with my hand, is really hot, current draw from the charger start about 7 amp and after 20 minutes was about 15 amp, so I believe voltage is not the problem hope that after one hour the max current will be around 20 to 25 amp, is this normal? can I run my car for long time without problems? main concern is the heat, a Im doing something wrong?Any help will be appreciated.....

Heat

I am no expert, but at 7 amps, you should not be getting so hot, even at 15 amps it shouldnt be too hot to touch. I normally run 20 ish amps for long periods w/o reaching 140 degrees. What size wire are you using to apply the power. From the way it sounds, your running more amps than 7. How much electrolyte did you use? If all else fails you could run a cooling setup. Several of us use some form of cooling. It is normal for heat to build though, it just seems that your system is building heat too quickly.

Ronjinsan Guest

Rotary?

Carlos, I have to assume by your name that you are running this in aMazda RX7? If so, I would imagine your problem is coming from lack of ventilation. If I were you I would try and run a fresh air cooling pipe down to the air dam somehow and aim it directly at your bottle, even fit a fan in it, otherwise I fear you problem is going to persist. You may want to consider some active cooling too, maybe a small pump and recycle reservoir. I used to run an RX7 so I am familiar with the space constraints! Best of luck...

CARLOSRX7 Guest
    Thanks for all your answers, Im not using the system on any car right now, I just made a test with a battery charger, a big one, I just use the meter in front of the charger to measure the amps draw, the meter dont pass the 18 amp mark so I assume thats what is consuming, cables on the charger are like a 8 gauge, temperature is a big issue for me as Im going to install it on the engine compartment, will try on my pathfinder 2000 as soon solve the heat problem, will you recomend to add more water with less baking soda to test?....Thanks

gasmakr Guest
    From your last post i see your running bakingsoda as your electrolyte for some reason baking soda likes to run hot you might want to try sodium hydroxide "caustic soda" as your electrolyte it seems to run cooler....the longer you run the electrolyzer the hotter it will get the more amps it will draw causing more heat eventually going into what we call thermal runaway...which starts causing all kinds of problems.hope this helps

CARLOSRX7 Guest
    Well guys, I have installed the system, not a difficult task, I use everything as far I found to make sure will work without problems. My first finding is some water coming out the muffler 10 minutes after the engine starts, somebody told me that is normal, Hidrogen effect inside the engine after mixing again with oxygen, engine is really quiet and runs great, no power increase, System was installed friday, fuel tank was a little above 1/4, made 6 normal trips from work to my home and today was on the empty line, normally with 1/4 tank can make no more than 4 trips, so I think the generator is working, two trips more are great and still have for one way trip today before I refuel the tank, great. I will like to test how much hydrogen my tank is producing but dont know how, if someone knows, will be appreciate, I will post results if I found a way to measure my generator, thanks everybody....

Measuring output

I will attempt to explain this. You will need your generator, a bottle, a bucket or something similar and a watch. Fill the bucket halfway with water, fill the bottle with water. Turn on your generator, take the hose and put it in the bottle of water. Get your watch ready and flip the bottle and hose over and place into the bucket of water. Time the amount of time it takes for the gas to force the water out of the upturned bottle. If you use a standard coke bottle it about 590 ml. If it takes a minute to fill the bottle with gas, then its about .5L per minute.

CARLOSRX7 Guest
    Thanks, for your answer, will test as soon I can, so far is working on my pathfinder, I will make another generator to test and install on my girlfriend xterra, she will have a better idea if the generator work or not as she usually consume 1/4 of tank everyday, will see after the generator is installed, what will be the best production of hho? will .5 liter is good, what about the water on the muffler is that ok?....

production

I am not sure what is enough or to much as far as production goes, I am certain it depends on the vehicle. As for water out of the tail pipe, thats normal. After the HHO is involved in the combustion process it combines back into water and is ejected out of your tail pipe.