Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My cell is not like yours.

use your picture tool program to resize them, or email them to me and I will do it for you.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

kajreklaw Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    OK so I got a few pics over the weekend but the board tells me they're too big to upload. Does anybody have webspace available to host them or am I gonna have to take some lower-res pics?

jaxom, try using MS PAINT(if you have no other way of resizing) to adjust the size of your picture files. if all else fails send them to me and i'll photoshop them for you.

shortstack Guest
    i use tinypic.com, work great, plus its free and you dont have to sign up like others

Meat Guest
    Irfanview is another good free program for editing photos

GreenStar Guest

I will host photos!

Hey HHO fans!

I have been working with HHO directly and just found this forum!

I feel like I am at home! LOL

I will put together some volumes of photos to chronicle my experiences to date, in automotive and drinking water applications, but also my current research to convert home furnace and water heating to HHO.

Anywho... If anyone needs help hosting pics, just email them to me and i will put together a hosting for all... maybe we can also work with admin to raise the storage and bandwidth of this forum.

Heres to making the utility company pay you!

Cheers!

Tkyn10 Guest

Too funny

Working on these cells makes you look at every aisle in every store differently... suddenly everything is evaluated as "cell-worthy". [/QUOTE]

LOL since I got interested in HHO this is exactly what goes on now when I go shoping.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    You can go to tucows.com or download.com and search for Photo Resizer and find a freeware program that will do batch photo resizing and not much else. That's what I use but I can't remember the name of the program since it's on my computer at home and I'm at work. At work, I use GIMP. It's got a funny name but it is an excellent freeware photo editor that rivals Photoshop or Paintshop Pro.

timetowinarace Guest
    It sounds like you've got the best small open bath design I've heard of. I'll be interested in hearing about the production being verified. I don't doubt it though, from the picture in my head of your design it seems to me you've found a great way to get a lot of surface area in a small space AND it seems to effectively stop waste current. Actually, it might be utilizing what would normally be waste current.

Nice work.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxom View Post
    I've been on this forum for about 2 weeks now and I have yet to see anyone using a cell built like mine, so I figured it was time to throw it out there for comments/suggestions/etc. Here you go, tell me what you think.

Pics are not an option right this minute...my digicam has issues. I can try to explain my cell design but it's a little unorthodox. It uses 24 SS switch covers, cut in half long ways to make 48 plates that are approx. 5"x1.5" in size. The plates are arranged in two layers of 24. I've come to realize that I have far more surface area in this cell than I can effectively make use of....the plates will handle much more current than heat buildup will allow. You could probably use 12 covers (24 electrodes) and do just as well with a smaller cell. The plates are laid out in a radial pattern, which is probably a big surprise to some of you guys. There is a piece of 3/4" PVC for a support core run straight down the center, with the plates radiating out from it like spokes on a wheel. The plates lay with the long cut edge against the core. 3/4" PVC unions with slots in the ends hold the plates in place, the unions are secured to the core with regular PVC cement. Friction holds the plates in the slots during assembly, once the cell is in it's housing there is simply not enough clearance for them to fall out of place.

The top outer corners of the plates have 1/8" holes drilled in them, and short SS bolts and nuts are used to hold the supply wiring against the plates. The electrical configuration uses 3+, 3-, and 18n plates per layer. The config is essentially 6 +nnn- cells in parallel, per layer. Both sides of all the electrodes are productive surfaces (720 square inches in my 2-layer cell,) which is why I chose to try this layout, and the whole assembly slides into a 4" PVC tube 15" long with about 2" to spare. A single layer cell this style would be around 10" and provide 360sq.in. of productive surface area.

My electrolyte is NaOH (lye crystals) at about 7.5mL/gal.

Edit: To clarify on the electrical layout, the + and - plates are shared, so the layout is
    +nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn+nnn-nnn+, with the first and last + being two sides of the same plate. It's hard to illustrate a circular layout in text format.

For square inch calculation, you just count the area of the SMALLEST area of ONE side of a plate in each cell.

BoyntonStu

Jaxom Guest
    Here are 3 decent shots. I had to resize them WAAAAAY down to fit within the 97.7kB limit.