Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2002 Ford Explorer Sportrac 4.0

Andy, I just drilled & tapped the manifold. It's a ***** to do! To make the job quick and easy, you might want to go this route: Merely drill & tap in a convenient spot after the driver-side cat. That's the most easily accessible place. Drive it for a while with nothing (hho wise) running & note temp reading. Should be around 850F. Then, try it with everything running & check for any changes. It's not as accurate as manifold readings, but you'll be able to see any fluctuations.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by lhazleton View Post
    Andy, I just drilled & tapped the manifold. It's a ***** to do! To make the job quick and easy, you might want to go this route: Merely drill & tap in a convenient spot after the driver-side cat. That's the most easily accessible place. Drive it for a while with nothing (hho wise) running & note temp reading. Should be around 850F. Then, try it with everything running & check for any changes. It's not as accurate as manifold readings, but you'll be able to see any fluctuations.
    Lee I have some EGT questions for you/.

1. Can I use an aircraft EGT?
    2. Do you have any experiences with the clamp on sensors? (drill hole insert probe & clamp around pipe) I want to avoid tapping
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Andy,
    I don't think it matters what kind of gauge you use. I've only used the kind wth NPT fittings, but if you already have something different, why not try it?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Hello everyone. I´m new on the forum.
    I have a 1998 Explorer Sport (Aventura 4.0V6 OHV). I´m live on Colombia. Tow months ago i installed HHO kit, it was a 21 plate cell with bubbler and reservoir tank. I was hopping a positive change at least 5 mpg, but...no. The car car had the Volo chip FSH2 HHO and the cell and contrary that i was specting, the mpg was 2 down, and the engine temperature was up (the car ordinarily work in a half the normal range).
    The cell is operating at 30Amp, and the inlet are between MAF and thorttle body.
    I really don´t know what can i do to get the extra power and more mpg, i really thank to your for help.
    (SORRY FOR ME ENGLISH)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardohx View Post
    Hello everyone. I´m new on the forum.
    I have a 1998 Explorer Sport (Aventura 4.0V6 OHV). I´m live on Colombia. Tow months ago i installed HHO kit, it was a 21 plate cell with bubbler and reservoir tank. I was hopping a positive change at least 5 mpg, but...no. The car car had the Volo chip FSH2 HHO and the cell and contrary that i was specting, the mpg was 2 down, and the engine temperature was up (the car ordinarily work in a half the normal range).
    The cell is operating at 30Amp, and the inlet are between MAF and thorttle body.
    I really don´t know what can i do to get the extra power and more mpg, i really thank to your for help.
    (SORRY FOR ME ENGLISH)
    I have just one word of advice. Be very careful as to where you mount the HHO generator. My generator had a small drip and the electrolye ate my air conditioning condenser core. The electrolye will eat ANYTHING made out of aluminum.

(Sólo tengo una palabra de consejo. Sea muy cuidadoso en cuanto a donde montar el generador de HHO. Mi generador tuvo un pequeño goteo y la electrolye comió el condensador del aire acondicionado central . El electrolye se comen cualquier cosa hecho de aluminio.)

My final analysis is this.

Yes there is a considerable gas saving benefit to running an HHO system, unfortunately on today's cars (OBD2) it's more trouble than it's worth in both cost & maintenance.
    If you are installing an HHO system on an older vehicle, especially a pre computer car, this is perfect & will give you substantial trouble free gas mileage increases. This is due no not requiring to "fool" the CPU, tweak the O2 sensors etc. It's a real PITA to keep tweaking it.

As of this writing I have removed the system from my 2002 Explorer & installed it on my 1974 Beetle.

I have had several years of experimentation & trial. So this is not a theoretical observation & conclusion, but and actual one

(Mi análisis final es este. SÃ*, hay un beneficio considerable de ahorro de gasolina a la ejecución de un sistema de HHO, por desgracia, en los coches de hoy en dÃ*a (OBD2) es más trabajo de lo que vale la pena, tanto en costo y mantenimiento. Si va a instalar un sistema de HHO en un vehÃ*culo viejo, sobre todo un coche de equipo antes, esto es perfecto y le dará importantes libres de problemas aumenta el kilometraje de gas. Esto se debe no hay necesidad de "engañar" a la CPU, ajustar los sensores de O2, etc Es una jodentina para mantener el ajustar la misma. Al escribir estas lÃ*neas he quitado el sistema de mi 2002 Explorer y lo instalé en mi 1974 Beetle. He tenido varios años de experimentación y ensayo. AsÃ* que esto no es una observación teórica y conclusión, pero una real)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac

Ok, and if i let the car with hho kit, but without efie...can it operating good? or definitely no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardohx View Post
    Ok, and if i let the car with hho kit, but without efie...can it operating good? or definitely no?
    Without a EFIE it is a losing proposition. The CPU will see the introduction of HHO as a lean burn and will consistently make adjustments adding MORE Fuel to the mix lowering your mileage.

Sin EFIE es un caso perdido. El CPU verá la introducción de HHO como una mezcla pobre y consistente hará ajustes agregando más combustible para la mezcla reducieno su kilometraje.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac