Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: no luck so far

Angry no luck so far

i must either have horrible luck or my hhoo cell hates me. the first vehicle i applied this technology to was my '96 Chevy S10. it worked for a while until i did something (i still dont know what) to the cell to make it stop working. i rebuilt the cell and tried again. a few months later the same thing happened. this time the cell was fine but i had 2 rewire it. which in my case meant having to run 2 lengths of 10 gauge wire from the front all the way to the back. a couple weeks after that the wires shorted again. this time i changed the design to have 1 wire going to the back and the ground to be near the cell. this worked for 2 days. after all this i gave up for several months until i decided to remake the system. i overhauled the cell with a better design that allowed for easier service. i bench tested this cell and it worked great. i even made a youtube video about it. yesterday i started installing all the wiring in my sunfire. i routed the hoses and wires and made a design that impressed even me. today i finish setting up and put the cell in the car, but when i go to turn it on i get nothing. there is current going through the cell but HHOO gas isnt being made (no bubbles). i tried another bench test and got the same result. and 1 thing that confused me was the fact that i could have no power supply through the cell and still have 1.7 volts running through it. im really confused by this. i shouldnt be!!!!!! its a 3 plate cell connected to the battery with a hose to the intake. it doesnt get any simpler WTF!!!!!!

Where are you getting this 1.7 volt figure from? That's not right no matter how you look at it.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

So is your cell consuming the same amount of amperage whether it works or it doesn't? I had an issue with heat that would cause slight warping after a longer run and it would start shorting plates together, thus causing the cell not to work. I noticed it when driving when my current started to drop some ( was still pulling amps though). Another time it caused a dead short ( I don't think that's your problem)
    What electrolyte are you using?

i dont know where the voltage is coming from. all i know is i had the positive side connected 2 a battery and my meter hooked up. it read 1.7 volts. maybe its the meter. but it still freaked me out.

im not sure about amperage. all i measured was voltage. ill check to see what it is. and it cant be heat warpage cuz i only ran the cell about 3 times at about a minute each time since i rebuilt it.

also, im not using an electrolyte. the cell worked without it. i used purified water. then again that might be the problem cuz last time i used tap water.

I don't know about the 1.7 volts either, but you won't get anything with purified water. It is a very poor conductor of electricity.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

what about distilled water. its a little different. i just dont want tap water cuz u end up with alot of brown crap in there. friggin iron deposits

yea. you always want to use distilled water. but you have to have a catalyst in the water like an electrolyte, and the best one is KOH. baking soda can be used but its crap.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

some purified waters have additives in them. maybe thats why it worked without e-lytes last time.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

i dont think i can get any potassium hydroxide at walmart or target lol. can i use anything thats a little more accessible? and ill take your word on the baking soda

drano crystal is sodium hydroxide. red devil lye is potasium hydroxide. but you have to desolve it and filter out the little shards of metal that come in it. this is what I used on my first e-lyzer. sodium hydroxide is the second best thing to use but its better to buy it as NaOH or KOH rahter then drano or lye, but the drano and lye works. be sure you have a good bubbling/scrubbing system cuz ya dont want any e-lytes in your engine.

and be sure the label says "sodium hydroxide" and not a bunch of other stuff.
    www.hhounderground.com