Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: guidance on plate setup (pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    awesome, thats exactly what ya want. lots of bubbles. little heat.

are you still running it like this +nnnnnn- ?
    got a pic or vid?

+nnn-nnn+

Might try to add another N again anyhow.

Attatched is a pic of it in action. I used almost 1 liter of water, half cup baking soda (I don't have any KOH on hand yet).

Yes, the solution is probably quite strong, but I wanted to see it kick up.

I recharged my battery (it was down to 7v) and I think its going out, as it went from 12v down to 8 in about 3 minutes which might explain why there was so little heat. Either way, there it is.

Was that bubbling up fast and furious or just fast? if that makes sense.

that's about 2 seconds after connecting the battery.

Cool. remember, when you hook it up to your car and you start it, that 12 volts jumps up to almost 14 volts. if it gets to hot add another N on each side.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

lol with winter coming you might not have to worry about it as much

Im in Texas. whats winter?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

LOL I was going to say something simliar, Helz. Gotta love the Texas weather! Once minute it's 90 degrees, the next day, we have freezing rain...

here is what my current system looks like.
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    here is what my current system looks like.
    Blue LED's...... that's the most important part.
    At first I thought you had a bunch of wet cells in tandem, but I'm guessing you have all those scrubbers due to the electrolyte solution being so strong.

Blue LED's...... that's the most important part.
    without the blue LED's it would be so boring, plus I wouldnt be able to see it bubbling from the driver seat, which is why i put em there.

There is only one real "bubbler" in my system. (the one on the left) because it has clean water in it and it removes steam and e-lytes. "Bubbler" is just another name for a wet scrubber.
    The one on the right is the electrolyte reservoir. but people call it a bubbler/reservoir, it doesnt remove any e-lytes but it does remove a little steam.
    the last one (in the center) is the dry scrubber, which I could also make as a second bubbler and it would probably be just as affective but I dont want any moisture from an e-lyte system in my engine so I made it dry scrubber.

I might make a steam generator later after I do some testing with it on my 24hp engine.
    www.hhounderground.com