Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with cell.

pics

Sorry, I didn't realise you were talking about a wetcell, I was referring to Smack's drycell design. You'll have to discount some of what I said as I don't touch wetcells. I think some of the other guys have some experience with them, though.

not to get off topic, but where did you get your straps to connect plates to wires/etc? looks like they are rubber coated?

I think its a heat shrink Jerry.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Helz is right. I got the heat shrink at Home Depot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Smith View Post
    Helz is right. I got the heat shrink at Home Depot.
    bah. mine doesn't carry it, i checked. Stupid Nashville.......

your cell looks good though!

thanks jerry, but looking good and actually working good are two different things.

Thought I would post a picture of a wet cell I just finished assembling.
    It's going to be used in a "special" test.
    Normally I would not bother making a wet cell, but it's for an experiment that does not involve efficiency.

It's made with 8 3 1/2" x 7" plates, 7 cell stack. Spaced with thin strips of curtain material, run down both sides and a little strip top and bottom for support. The whole thing is wrapped tight with electrical tape to hold it together. The tape will I hope, also help to prevent/minimize current leakage on the sides.
    I'll convert it to a dry cell once I'm done the experiment.

I thought I would post it, to show a different way of assembling a wet cell.

Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.