Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The New and Improved Hexavalent Chromium Scam

Show me the scientific data! That's the point. That's the debate. If you can't show me the scientific data then you are just hypothesizing, conjecturing, speculating and making presumptuous assertions. Stop glazing over the fact that nobody seems to be able to find any verifiable scientific data. THAT was the whole point! If you can't find the data, just admit that you can't find the data. We may gather data, in the future, that proves beyond any doubt that used electrolyte does, in fact, contain hexavalent chromium and I'm fine with that, but that was never the point. For cryin' out loud...
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    awesome. thats worth trying.
    even if our SS e-lytes have HC in them, the HC can be neutralized with sugar.
    Nice! Add some carbonation and bottle it. You will have a new energy drink like Amp or Rockstar. You can call it Hexxed!
    Red Rat

Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post
    Nice! Add some carbonation and bottle it. You will have a new energy drink like Amp or Rockstar. You can call it Hexxed!
    I'd buy it!

My job hours are severely getting on my mantits

=D

Ive got a slogan

Hexxed,,,,, Make your mantits hard enough to use as tools.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

save a fortune on hammer drills and claw hammers...

Quote Originally Posted by dma1989 View Post
    save a fortune on hammer drills and claw hammers...

Wow I don't get it!!!
    Mother Nature educates all of us that are teachable. She's hardest on the ones who refuse to learn. Punishment is automatic, immediate, and without pity.

the 'gentlemen' area...

I have a very bizarre sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    You know I got to thinking about it and what about electro-polishing the stainless steel plates. Spodie has been doing this for a while and I'm pretty sure that if the plates are electro-polished all the impurities and anything else that could leech out is taken out during the process. I know that Spodie says his water never gets dirty and he never has to change it. Not only that but he claims that he can get the same amount of gas with less amps after electro-polishing. Here is a link to the company he uses: http://all-bright.com/

What a great piece of info, Thanks.

I have tried to come up with a way to filter electrolyte for extended use but is a better answer

my neighbor is a chemistry proff at the local university. I asked him before and he said it shouldn't contain it if I used high-quality plates, but someone mentioned in another thread I should have asked him to prove it.

So next time I see him I'm going to try and talk him into doing some tests. With low quality plates, high quality, and how much over a length of time. also, going to try and see if I can't get something polished and do the same tests.

This is, of course, if I can get him interested enough to help

I believe that electrolyte from electrolyzers that have been operated beyond the recommeded current density of 0.5 amps per square inch will contain Cr(VI) simply because it has been proven that plate deterioration begins to occur at that level and the rate of deterioration increases exponentially with increasing current densities above that threshhold.

Jerry, tell your neighbor that it would be a good project for any grad students looking to specialize in the area of electrochemistry. You'll never get the professor to do the work himself, but you might be able to talk him into getting some students to do the work for extra credit.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"