Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New and Improved Hexavalent Chromium Scam

The New and Improved Hexavalent Chromium Scam

I have been researching this for about a year, but now that Smack is throwing the entire HHO community under the bus for using stainless steel, I think people need to know the truth.

There are NO verifiable scientific studies, white papers or any data whatsoever, that I can find, that supports the notion that hexavalent chromium leeches out of the stainless steel plates and into the used electrolyte during electrolysis. NONE! ANYWHERE!

I am issuing a public challenge to anyone and everyone to find it. If it does exist I certainly want to know about it.

I believe the closest anyone will get is data dealing with the process of chrome plating. Other than that I haven't been able to find anything at all that has to do with hexavalent chromium and the electrolysis of water.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

Its there because he says its there fool, you better recognize
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I guess that settles it then.

Honestly, I don't think Dustin is being intentionally disingenuous about the hexavalent chromium thing. I think his personal presuppositions have skewed his ability to investigate without bias. If he is the man he says he is, he will eventually come around and either provide the scientific data or he will admit I am right!

OK I left smack a comment on that video I posted where he was going off about everything being open source, it is what it is cuz I say so, everything will always be open source, and blah blah, Ill never sell out. well you saw it. well the comment said. "Is there any proof, other then the company you sold out to, that SS creates hexavalent chromium in e-lytes?" Im not sure those were my exact word but thats pretty close because right after I left it, HE REMOVED THE VIDEO!!! and sent me a message saying, "yes there is plenty of proof, just google it."
    so I did:

now if youre huffing your HHO output read this.
    http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/hexavalentc...cognition.html

and thats all I got:
    http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/j...TRY=1&SRETRY=0

So you better use smacks new stuff "cuz he said so".
    Pretty much what happen is Smack has become the Vanilla Ice of the HHO community.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I see your comments on his safehho vid. I just left one.

I looked it up on google like you said and found nothing about electrolosys with SS creates CH. it does happen when cutting or welding SS and there are health riskes after years or exposure, but nothing on electrolosys with SS. It sounds to me like you sold out and just tossed the SS HHO community to the dogs because safehho made you a good offer.
    Im sure it was something like this. "Tell all your customers your product, and everyone elses products who use SS, is unsafe so they will buy ours, and we will give you $" I cant say I wouldnt have done the same thing but I would have done it differently. They have tought you good marketing skills.
    www.hhounderground.com

Watch this video and see if your opinion changes:

Let's be clear about what my opinion is. It is my opinion the there is no verifiable conclusive scientific data to be found anywhere that shows hexavalent chromium can leech out of stainless steel plates during the electrolysis of water with caustic electrolytes. NONE.

As for the video, there are a whole bunch of unknown variables. We know that stainless steel dust from sanding etc., will contain hexavalent chromium. How well were the plates cleaned before he dumped this used electrolyte into the bucket or was this electrolyte from a cleaning and conditioning process that would, naturally, contain some stainless steel dust. Also, I'm not sure about the color comparison he made. It wasn't that clear to me. That color seemed to be much more pink than anything on the comparator. In any event, since that video really doesn't constitute verifiable conclusive scientific evidence of any kind, it doesn't change my original opinion or position at all.

Here is a video from ZeroFossilFuel where he addresses the Hexavalent Chromium problem:

So now is Zero a scammer too? It is a bummer that this is a side effect of using stainless and I have no reason to doubt these guys. If you really want to see for yourself, why don't you buy a Hexavalent Chromium test kit and try it out.

I have to say, the tone of many posts on this forum are very combative and cynical. I don't have a problem with being skeptical of something, but like on too many other public forums there are many people who just cannot seem to post their thoughts without sounding angry and combative. I know now why the EBN guys started their own private forum where they can share ideas without being called names or having their integrity questioned. I feel fortunate to have access to this wonderful resource. There are a few really knowledgeable HHO experts out there who won't come near this forum because they don't want to have to deal with hateful attitudes. This forum is missing out on a lot of good discussion because of this.

I think the fact that this contaminant is produced at all, whether during conditioning or general running is the most important factor. We must be responsible with this stuff.

...and yes, there is a lot of emotional and biased discussion on this forum, which I personally don't always like the tone of, but sometimes disagreement is useful and the observer can usually see through it to the important points if they're level headed enough.

Thanks for the videos BTW, it will make me extra careful with how I dispose of this waste. Am thinking of evaporating it down to just residue to keep it really compact & containable and reduce the number of trips to the waste disposal site.

I already treat my e-lytes as if it were aids infected blood because I dont lke chem. burns. but I had been poring the old stuff on ant hills so I guess Ill stop that. so just to be safe Ill now treat it as if there is Hexavalent Chromium in it, even if it doesnt, and despose of it propperly untill i see proof that there is none in it. As far as buying that $500 3 plate e-lyzer that safehho cells. not going to happen. they claim 30% to 60% savings. well Smack has already stated he cant get more then 16% except on his motercycle.
    Its not hard to see why hes doing what hes doing. Im pretty sure we would all do the same if confronted with the offer. A company that makes a very expensive e-lyzer is capitalizing on this non Hexavalent Chromium design. They brought smack on board because he sells alot of product, which explains his trade in rebate, and they want his customer base.
    I still dont see why the HHO gas from one of these safehho e-lyzers is any different then that of a SS e-lyzer. how could you NOT have to use some form of an efie? is it magic?
    www.hhounderground.com