Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The New and Improved Hexavalent Chromium Scam

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post

Roland: Sorry, i dont get it. Nobody is combative, angry, or questioning anyone integrity on this thread.

....BTW, has anyone heard from Richard lately?? Lol
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing.

That thread was much more realative to HHO Connection's post then this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Not shooting the messenger, Criticism is fine.
    It's the boasting about your private forum & putting down the open forum part, (Non constructive part) that I could have done without.
    I was not trying to say that "my forum is better than your forum", hell it's not even my forum. I am simply relaying what was said to me by a few of the heavyweights in the HHO community when I asked them why they don't go on public forums. When words like "scammer" are being thrown around some people are going to take offense and go away and that is a shame. It's hard enough dealing with the neysayers of HHO but to be called names by the others in the HHO community is really frustrating. I'm sorry if I offended you with my comments, that was not my intention.

whats a private forum? invite only? whats an EBN guy? Environmental Building News?

Is http://hhoinfo.ning.com a private forum?
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Just thinking, has anyone else tried using titanium plates? Do they have to be coated or can they just be used exactly like we would use SS??
    I am. Once I find the time, that is. I heard about the Cr+6 issue a while ago from a few different sources and decided then to find an alternative plate material. Enough people were making noise about it I figured that there was some truth to it. I am sill cutting plates and gaskets. I'm not going to cross sand them but will solvent clean and acid etch them. No nano coating, to much $$$. Eventually I will start another thread to post my results.
    Red Rat

I have not been angry or combative. If anyone thinks that I have, they are reading something into my posts that simply isn't there. I am not emotionally or financially invested one way or the other. I don't know if used electrolyte contains hexavalent chromium or not. Of course I think everyone should err on the side of caution and proceed as if it does. That only makes good common sense, but all that is totally beside the point.

The fact is there are a lot of good, hardworking, honest builders out there selling quality stainless steel products at reasonable prices. Here comes the point. Pay attention. All those good, hardworking and honest guys don't need some megalomaniac with a dog in the fight throwing them under the bus by repeatedly and contiuously perpetuating, as an undeniable fact, what amounts to nothing more than pure conjecture and speculation. I don't care how you look at it, in the absence of ANY documented scientific data to support the assertion, an educated guess is still nothing more than a guess no matter how loud and how many times one keeps screaming it's a well known fact.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

Not all SS contains Chromium though does it? I know its a ****tail of alloys, but I thought the higher grades contained mostly nickel and no chromium in the mix.

I think it does, but, here, let me google that for you.
    "Sell your cleverness and purchase bewilderment"

You know I got to thinking about it and what about electro-polishing the stainless steel plates. Spodie has been doing this for a while and I'm pretty sure that if the plates are electro-polished all the impurities and anything else that could leech out is taken out during the process. I know that Spodie says his water never gets dirty and he never has to change it. Not only that but he claims that he can get the same amount of gas with less amps after electro-polishing. Here is a link to the company he uses: http://all-bright.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jerrygoldsmith View Post
    Not all SS contains Chromium though does it? I know its a ****tail of alloys, but I thought the higher grades contained mostly nickel and no chromium in the mix.
    I don't know about all SS alloys. But since most of us are or have used alloy 316, let's focus on that. Here is a data sheet. http://www.aksteel.com/pdf/markets_p...Data_Sheet.pdf The Chromium constituent is 16% to 18%.

We use electrolysis to produce HHO. The plating industry also uses electrolysis. When they "anodize" an aluminum part, material is removed from the cathode and deposited onto the anode. Some of the material removed from the cathode will stay in the solution.

So, in making HHO, some of the material from our negative plates (cathodes) is deposited onto our positive plates (anodes). But, some of the material stays in solution, including some chromium. If I was a chemist I would write a balanced equation here to show it.

The debate here is this: Is the chromium that is left in solution truly Cr+6 or not. It seems that the test kit shown in post #6 shows this. It may not quite be the right shade of pink, but that is not the point. The point is that the test is close enough and that electrolysis does leave heavy metals in solution.

If there is a chemist on this forum that can show by formula that SS plates produces Cr+6 during electrolysis, please do so.
    Red Rat

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    You know I got to thinking about it and what about electro-polishing the stainless steel plates. Spodie has been doing this for a while and I'm pretty sure that if the plates are electro-polished all the impurities and anything else that could leech out is taken out during the process. I know that Spodie says his water never gets dirty and he never has to change it. Not only that but he claims that he can get the same amount of gas with less amps after electro-polishing. Here is a link to the company he uses: http://all-bright.com/
    awesome. thats worth trying.
    even if our SS e-lytes have HC in them, the HC can be neutralized with sugar.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com