Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does it work?

Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post
    But, to get back on topic...
    Your Air / Fuel Ration will not change by adding HHO. The ECU meters it to 14.7 / 1. The only way to change the AFR is by adding an efie like MyToyotasucks has.

Some folks on the forum have come up with a rule of thumb that it takes 1 lpm of HHO per liter of engine displacement to make a noticable difference. I can't verify that but I think it takes a lot more. Because, at freeway speed a 2.0 liter engine pumps through about 2250 lpm of AFR. Adding 2 lpm HHO seems low to me at .0008%.
    if you had read my post i said i can tune i dont need any such device. the reason that o2 sensored cars dont work is because the correct the fueling in closed loop mode. however i run my car in open loop mode which most computers have they use it for wot (wide open throttle) etc where the afr is not stoich (14.7:1) closed loop only works for stoich because narrowband sensors like most cars have are only accuriate for that area.

ok so i need alot more gas? is that what your saying. my car at 1500rpm on hwy 65mph would use about 4000Lpm of air at the efficiancy its working at 1500rpm and the map pressure it uses at cruising speed maybe less. if i get 10lpm hho it would be about 0.25% not very much would that be high enough to make a difference?

at idel tho where i was doing my test it would be considrably less.

Quote Originally Posted by nathans1987 View Post
    ok so i need alot more gas? is that what your saying. my car at 1500rpm on hwy 65mph would use about 4000Lpm of air at the efficiancy its working at 1500rpm and the map pressure it uses at cruising speed maybe less. if i get 10lpm hho it would be about 0.25% not very much would that be high enough to make a difference? at idel tho where i was doing my test it would be considrably less.
    Yes. Some experimenters on this forum have come up with a myth (rule) of thumb that it takes 1lpm of hho per liter of engine displacement for any noticable mpg gains. I cannot prove nor disprove this. But I suspect that much more hho is needed because of the volume an engine can pump. I have a 2.0 Jetta. Before my cell crapped out it was putting out 1 lpm. I only got a 2.5% mpg increase. I am building a bigger cell now.

If you can tune instead of use an efie, that is great! That is beyond many of us here. By tuning do you mean tweeking the ecu programming?
    Red Rat

Quote Originally Posted by redrat100 View Post
    Yes. Some experimenters on this forum have come up with a myth (rule) of thumb that it takes 1lpm of hho per liter of engine displacement for any noticable mpg gains. I cannot prove nor disprove this. But I suspect that much more hho is needed because of the volume an engine can pump. I have a 2.0 Jetta. Before my cell crapped out it was putting out 1 lpm. I only got a 2.5% mpg increase. I am building a bigger cell now.

If you can tune instead of use an efie, that is great! That is beyond many of us here. By tuning do you mean tweeking the ecu programming?
    yeah i can change all the parameters the ecu runs by and change the way it runs in some cases. like running in open loop instead of closed loop. open loop dosent use feedback from o2 sensors.