Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LPM guide for engine size

Quote Originally Posted by mytoyotasucks View Post
    And I found another way to determine if an engine will get good MPG gain or just wasting time, and i figured it out after testing on over 10 vehicles.
    That sounds very interesting. What method do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    That sounds very interesting. What method do you use?
    There are so many diff engines out there that i found that lower compression engines dont get a good MPG gain with HHO.

I had 2 caddy's one with 8.9 compression ratio(CR), the other a little newer 9.6 CR and it got good gains.

Audi 5 cylinder low CR and almost no gains.

My saturn High CR and see awsome gains.

And i used the same system on both caddy's.

And as for the metal i use titanium - buy used mufflers off ebay cut them flatten them, clean them, and then prep and find better production and can use more plates in the cell, I use 23 plates in a 3 cell instead of 19,and 6"x5".
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

Very interesting.
    Do you think this would apply to diesel engines benefiting more from HHO than petrol engines?

The Suzuki's got 9.5:1 and has had incredible results, so it seems to follow.

I've just installed on a Landrover with CR of 21:1 and am awaiting results.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Very interesting.
    Do you think this would apply to diesel engines benefiting more from HHO than petrol engines?

The Suzuki's got 9.5:1 and has had incredible results, so it seems to follow.

I've just installed on a Landrover with CR of 21:1 and am awaiting results.
    My Brother has a 2003 chevy truck with a diesel and without and electronics other than a programer set to economy, and he gained 10 MPG with a 4LMP cell.

And he said it was like it was programed for performance but great MPG.
    Come to the Darkside - We have Cookies
    And lots of KOH (16 LBS)

Not currently running HHO.
    I dont run HHO during winter.

I've been thinking about the level of gas required too, my feeling is that its no good quoting LPM for engine size as what's important. It should be based on power output as that more representative of air consumption.

as surely with HHO you need a certain percentage mix with the air /petrol to achieve the result we're after.
    Ideally we shouldn't be just chucking the HHO in straight off the top of the cell but rather using a gas injector that adds gas in proportion to mass airflow or injector duty cycle. that way you'd have the HHO stored under slight pressure in the tank and a regulated supply to the injector so you could fully control it.

your thoughts chaps?

Obc

Hi Matt!
    If you have OBC you can see liters per hour par example 1 lt/hr at iddle.
    Then connect HHO and can play with %electrolyte,amperage, efie, mafe, and look for 0.9 - 0.8-0.7-0.6-0.5 is fantastic and the car mantain the rpms.
    I think is the best test point for starting, obviously running will be different but now i'm in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by 350matt View Post
    I've been thinking about the level of gas required too, my feeling is that its no good quoting LPM for engine size as what's important. It should be based on power output as that more representative of air consumption.

as surely with HHO you need a certain percentage mix with the air /petrol to achieve the result we're after.
    Ideally we shouldn't be just chucking the HHO in straight off the top of the cell but rather using a gas injector that adds gas in proportion to mass airflow or injector duty cycle. that way you'd have the HHO stored under slight pressure in the tank and a regulated supply to the injector so you could fully control it.

your thoughts chaps?
    Matt what you are talking about would be a EFI for HHO. you are talking about keeping the HHO/air ratio the same as the RPMs of your engine change. storing HHO is very dangerious as its a gas that has its own oxidizer and that kind fo gas is uber bad for storing. the only thing that would be safe is to control the current so it produces more at higher RPMs but then you have the problem of lag.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com