Thread: Should i add 1 more N- plate

Atechguy Guest

Question Should i add 1 more N- plate

HI! There guys , I haven't posted here in a while , busy with business and modding my car , but have been reading progress many you have been having. This is my situation , i just installed a 19 plate -NNNNN+NNNNN-NNNNN+ 3X7 will soon be adding more plates. Now here is the ??? i have, i have 12.9 volts at the cell connections. and the voltage drop across the plates are between 2.15- 2.2 volts should i try 6 neutrals to get the voltage drop per cell down to around 1.6.??

you would need to put 14 volts through it and add alot more e-lytes. I would leave it how it is, but thats just me. Ive tried a few times making 7 cell e-lyzers and never had much luck, always better in a 6 cell config.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Atechguy Guest
    Thanks ! HELZ, the strange thing i notice when i first started my car & measured the voltage at the cell & battery was 14.5 volts and after it had warmed up it went down to 13.8v , then after i went for a 40 min. drive , i measured at the cell and it was 12.9v , i find that bizarre , maybe the fluctuations has to do with the system tying charge up the battery.?i wonder what would happen if i doubled up 1 neutral in each parallel cell if that would drop the voltage slightly??

Does the wire to your cell heat up? If it gets hot its adding resistance to your circuit and could cause voltage drop at the cell. If your voltage is dropping throughout the car then you may have an alternator issue or something like that. Optimal voltage drop across each plate is about 2v. Anything less and the plates will produce alot less.

i wonder what would happen if i doubled up 1 neutral in each parallel cell if that would drop the voltage slightly??
    I dont understand what you mean.
    you dont want there to be less then 1.95 volts (call it 2) for each cell or like velorossa22 said, you produce less gas.
    Your voltage dropping is normal. I hear it alot. Im not sure of the exact way it happens. there are some people on here who can, Its something to do with the risistance of the metal or the e-lyte changing as it gets warmer.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Atechguy Guest
    OKay , i just thought from what i have read that to get a more efficient cell you didn't need to have 2v or minds 2.15 v drop across each cell , i was trying to make it productive with lower volts because what i have read is you only need about 1.5 v and above that is wasted energy as heat?? The flucuating cell voltage i'm little baffled by , the wire guage is 10 ga, and is not heating up i was only drawing about 10-12 amps, i can put on 8 ga. if i want . Thanks guys, i will be adding more plates so it will soon be 25 plates, and now i am about to move the input to try a different vacuum eithier near the butter fly or if i'm brave into the intake throttle body.

keep us updated when you add those plates. Ive tried a 7 cell config on just about every dry cell ive ever made and didnt get the results I wanted, maybe I just didnt mix my e-lytes strong enough. I hope you get good results. please post after you do it.
    www.hhounderground.com

My two pennies opinion.

I do notice the same trend to have lower production with 1.75V per plate, but when I do 2-2.3V per plate I get rapid mass gas production, though higher amps with higher voltage per cell. In this case I just overkill electrical resistance on my wiring and all connections. If there is no heating of the wires, connections and terminals then I am good there.

Heat will be produced anyways because I * V = P (Watt dissipated as heat), so, if I do not have heat production on my wires, .. but the cell, that is a good sign. In most cases the guys who strive to pull out 1-2 LPM can do that easily with less heat per max cell configuration. In my case, when I do take 0.5A max load per sq. in. of an active plate surface with X number of stacks I will surely have heat runaway. In this situation I am not lowering my strong e-lyte concentration floating from 28% to 35%, or increase the number of plates, but manage HVAC type stainless steel radiator to cool down my e-lite.

Last thing to say is the Farraday HHO efficiency calculator - it is helpful only when calculating your MMW. Just that. When you look into your %%% of AMP and VOLTS efficiency, it is pure BS. To have 100% volts and amps efficiency you must run your plates close to 1.5V and MMW around 7. When having 1.5V per plate you will wait for long time for your cell to warm up...

Much more I have to add, but I think the best bet is to experiment with different configs, keep a log of all changes, parameters and HHO output, and then make your own conclusion what is the best option to choose.
    VOLVO VNL 670 '04, 12L D12D engine, ODO beyond 1.1M miles. Stock 6.0 MPG. Managing up to 7.3 MPG w/o HHO Cell, w/ straight flow muffler, EGRs OFF, AirTabs, ...
    SMART HHO Dry Cell in progress: 10"x12" #20 316L 66 plates unipolar 6 stack, 200 AMP PWM, Fully monitored & controlled by .NETMF Platform. 7.33LPM @ 102A

My Youtube vIdiotics.
    FUEL ECONOMY CONVERSION TABLE & FUEL EFFICIENCY FACTORS Cheat Sheet for Truck Drivers
    CHEMICAL RESISTANCE GUIDE FOR PLASTIC AND METAL VALVES AND FITTINGS