Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TEGS - Thermoelectric Generators

Talking

on my old wet cell system the TEC was working as a TEG because the wet cell would get so hot. i think recovering energy from wasted heat is very good. try not to be wasteful phill, dont waste current in your big PWM. i bet your PWM has a FAN but when i put a FAN on my cell you said i was wasting power but you have a FAN in your system too and you are wasting more power than i am through your PWM. think about that.

by the way everybody i might make a new thread soon. i have a new setup, drycell with no holes, great MMW, direct inject of HHO to engine, vacuum meter added, high AMP alternator added, 20LPM HHO output, inverting 13VDC to 120VAC then bridging it back to DC to spread across plates in cells. i find by doing this i get more volts to work with and pull the same AMPS or less. im no longer cooling my cells because now i am using 5 n plates and the cells don't get hot at all. im now directly injecting my HHO to the vacuum at the main intake valves. i am now at -50 at idle and -40 while driving and yes that means i can turn off my fuel pump at idle.

i am very very busy with other stuff so i will post the videos when i can.

Actually, Richard, MY PWM doesn't use a fan at all. It can handle ~30A per Power Module Board(an area of about 2"x2"), and doesn't need a fan to stay cool. It gets slightly warm, but that is due to the natural ohmic loss of the conducting material, but nothing major. Each module dissipates just under 1W of heat, at the fully rated 35A.

Also, MY PWM is even more efficient than probably any other on the HHO market. It uses a high frequency switching, and power inductor/capacitor to demodulate the power into a very smooth output voltage/current. By doing this, you avoid the high amplitude peak currents that contribute heavily to power loss. In other words, it's about as efficient as physically possible.

Suck on that. BTW, I didn't read past the first paragraph. I'm sure it was junk.

Phil - You are correct. There is no way to produce the temperature difference needed to create the voltage they advertise. I also thought about it more, and signed on to correct my post when I saw your reply.

Good to know, theegb. I was questioning my thinking, but I'm glad you agree now... Makes me feel more sane.

That kind of stuff seems to happen sooo much. Some companies will advertise stuff like that. It's either a marketing team with very little scientific/engineering background, or it's a knowingly deceptive claim. Either one of those is bad, and incredibly misleading. I was shopping around for some small solar panels on ebay, recently, and came across one seller claiming the cell puts out like 15V, and 1A, therefore "15W of solar power!!!1!"(I kid you not... they actually had a "!!!1!" in there...). I looked at the datasheet and those were open circuit, and short circuit values. The guy selling these was clearly misleading in this case because next to the wattage claim, he had an asterisk... Following the asterisk to the bottom even says that these values are OC and SC and "your actual power output may vary". The actual power output was probably around 10W, maximum, or only 66% of the claimed output. Pure BS.

Most people buying this sort of stuff don't know the difference. Nothing against the buyer, but that kind of example is why I chose engineering over marketing...

The goal of engineering: Design a device or process that performs above and beyond specifications.

The goal of marketing: Design a way of selling a device with specifications that are above and beyond how it performs.

Sorry if that offends any of you marketers. This TEG seller that we are referencing is a prime example of my personal disgust with the profession in general. Not that ALL marketing is bad, or anything... Just people that knowingly hide/distort specss.