Thread: My Configuration For 3L per Minute???

My Configuration For 3L per Minute???

I have 20 2" X 6" 316L SS Plates.
    My thought for the 3L per minute configuration is: +nn-nn+nn-nn+nn-nn+ with 1/16 spacers. 1/2 Baking Soda per gallon of Distilled Water.

Any ideas for a better configuration to achieve 3L per minute???
    1997 GMC Savana 1500 5.7L (130,000 miles)

Quote Originally Posted by tcr1016 View Post
    I have 20 2" X 6" 316L SS Plates.
    My thought for the 3L per minute configuration is: +nn-nn+nn-nn+nn-nn+ with 1/16 spacers. 1/2 Baking Soda per gallon of Distilled Water.

Any ideas for a better configuration to achieve 3L per minute???
    I always hate to be the first one to quve people bad news nut if you want help here goes. You will never make 3 lpm gas with that size of plates in that number for more than a few minutes. There is just not enough surface area there to get that job done. To make 5 LPM I used 52 8X6" plates. With plain stainless figure that you cann not run more than 1 watt of power through 4 sq inches of plate surface. Also figure 15 amps for every 1 LPM of HHO at automotive voltage. Unless you have a super effecient design you will have trouble getting more than that.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Is it better if I have more neutrals and less + and -???

Is it better if I have more neutrals and less + and -???
    Yes, it's better with more neutrals, at least go with 4 neutrals so you will have -nnnn+nnnn- configuration which is what my trucker cell has. I will try 5 neutrals but will require a LOT more KOH. As of now, 11.2volts @ 82 amps reaches the cell. It gives me 2.24 volts per cell(or plate spacing) That is around the threshold of thermal runaway.

Chase

if you have 20 plates, the most efficient configuration is like this +nnnnn-nnnnn+nnnnn-
    thats about 2.3vdc per cell and dont run more then 6 amps per stack
    13.8vdc/18amps you dont want to put any more current through it then that.
    if you run it how its setup now it will jsut be a steam machine and have bad heat problems.
    you shouldnt get more then 1.3LPM. if by chance you do, its steam and expanded gas, not just HHO. when you messure your output, do it when the cell is cool. when someone says they wait for the cell to warm up to test the HHO output, they are getting a false reading because if its more after it warms up, its steam and expanded gas from heat.
    good luck with it.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Would it be better if I made 2 seperate cells: +nnnn-nnnn each??? Would that give me 3L per minute??

I want to thank everyone for their help.

Would it be better if I made 2 seperate cells: +nnnn-nnnn each??? Would that give me 3L per minute??

I want to thank everyone for their help.
    First, If you want to get 3 LPM you are going to need more reactive plate surface than you have period. No configuration will get you the volume of gas you want without enough plate surface making HHO. Second, Always aim for 2 to 2.2 volts per plate gap. Your device will seem to make more HHO with fewer neutral plates because it will draw more amps. You may make more HHO for a few minutes then you will overheat, make steam, then last you will destroy the materials like gaskets etc. If you are set on 3 LPM you need either more or larger plates. There is no magic way around that. I may not always tell you what you want to hear but I will always be honest.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.