Thread: (Baking Soda) AKA Sodium Bicarbonate Vs Sodium Carbonate

(Baking Soda) AKA Sodium Bicarbonate Vs Sodium Carbonate

I heard that some are using Sodium carbonate with good results.
    Has anyone tried this? How does it compare to B.S. or KOH?

I know you can turn Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) into Sodium Carbonate by spreading it out and baking it at 350 in the oven for 30 minites.

Baking Soda works great at first, but then it begins to chemically react in some really undesirable ways. I saw hellacious amounts of clear looking red particulate in the water upon my first use well over a year ago.

My best results so far have been 2:1 KOH/NaOH. A way better electrolyte than baking soda (NaHCO3)

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Baking Soda works great at first, but then it begins to chemically react in some really undesirable ways. I saw hellacious amounts of clear looking red particulate in the water upon my first use well over a year ago.

My best results so far have been 2:1 KOH/NaOH. A way better electrolyte than baking soda (NaHCO3)
    Wow, I never even considered mixing electrolytes. I'd think mixing some could be dangerous. I'm assuming that mixing 2:1 KOH/NaOH is not bad (relatively same PH and all). How strong do you mix your electrolye?

KOH in the best catalyst and has the best conductivity of all the e-lytes we use. Im not sure there is any reason to mix. I saw some tests done by testing the resistance in the water between 2 plates thet were a couple inches apart. KOH had the best conductivity out of everything tested.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    KOH in the best catalyst and has the best conductivity of all the e-lytes we use. Im not sure there is any reason to mix. I saw some tests done by testing the resistance in the water between 2 plates thet were a couple inches apart. KOH had the best conductivity out of everything tested.
    Of commonly used electrolytes, yes

But...

If there is something I have learned over the years. That is, there is always something better.