Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

I'm going to get 4 more plates and add them as per your recommendation Helz

and yes w'end = weekend

Ta

Matt

lol. man I thought you might have meant "wet ends" durrrrrr
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

right then

I've added the 4 extra plates, descaled everything ( had a yellow deposit on some plates) used my belt sander to re-cross hatch all the plates and put it back into service.

Now to establish a datum I did a tank with everything turned off so car as standard this got 24.6 mpg

post mods the next tank has got 26.7 mpg, so while I'm not jumping for joy this does seem to be an improvement.

This was with the EFIE set to provide enough go so the engine didn't feel flat, however I'm now trying to lean this out a bit.

As a separate question how hot should the cell and electrolyte be getting? as I'm measuring about 26 °C (78F) on the cell surface and 36°C ( 98F) in the electrolyte

Honestly, I think the only way this tech has any use is in a conventional/hybrid use. Use a solar cell to charge a battery in your trunk and run your cell from that battery. that way its a positive input and not just a recycling of mechanical energy.

try it out with a fully charged battery and see what kind of gains you can get.
    1982 MB 300D Turbo Diesel 90%WVO/10%RUG + additives blend. $.50/gal
    don't know what MPG is, probly low 20s