Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is FS2 worth it?

My focus doesn't have map, only maf and haven't messed with that yet. I'll report further.
    2000 ford focus zx3 2.0L Zetec, dual o2 extenders, volo-fs2. scanguage2 ; mountain driving. base ~26, now ~30mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by ramcustom View Post
    NOPE! Save your money. If does NOT work on Fords.
    what were the details of your attempt, did you have the fs1 or new fs2hho?
    2000 ford focus zx3 2.0L Zetec, dual o2 extenders, volo-fs2. scanguage2 ; mountain driving. base ~26, now ~30mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by hanglide4life View Post
    what were the details of your attempt, did you have the fs1 or new fs2hho?
    FS2 and its a waste of money on Fords from what results I've seen.

hanglide.....what about an O2 EFIE and MAF enhancer? Without them, you won't get any gain in mpg.. I gained 2mpg immediately with the FS2 in my Explorer.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Got this email back from volo.

The FS2 works great with Ford including PWM based sensors. Sensor values are read directly from the ECU rather than the sensor itself so analog to digital conversion methods are irrelevant. We've sold thousands of FS2's for use with HHO systems and have seen great results. Thanks!

Dan
    Sales & Installation
    www.VoloPerformance.com

Maybe I'll try the fs2 and if no worky, then I'll get on with the efie and maf enhancer. I wonder if ramcustom did these?

I tried a dual efie but no gains. Can't find anything that works on Ford MAF or MAP as its frequency regulated and NOT voltage regulated!

Turns out the FS2 instructions are wrong! You don't reset it & let the engine idle. You reset it, turn the key to the 'run' position for a few minutes, turn it off, and then drive!
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Just curious, why do you now know this? and did you see this just posted in the "volo fs2 operation" thread? thoughts?

Another resit tip

Install tips :

If you change anything in your set up, (add a cell, or change wear you put the intake hydroxy gas hose, etc. ) You should push the rest button on the volo blue box. Only do this when the engine has warmed up and in "closed loop" mode and idling, push the reset button. Most cars start up in "open loop" until operating temp. then switches over to "closed loop mode" ( 5 minutes or less) How do I know it is in "closed loop"? Buy a $160 Scangauge II, a gas saving mileage indicator on the spot. Ask any one who owns a Scangauge II, they will tell you that they love that thang.

I've seen a couple of video's on the subject. If the engine has been runing long enough to be 'closed loop' in the ECU, it's ready to reset.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    Just ordered a FS2 for my wife's CTS. I am not going to tell her I put it in that way I can eliminate any possibilities of the "placebo effect".

Currently the CTS is bone stock......
    Whats her driving like(e.g. pedal to the metal)?
    Look forward to see how good these FS2 perform