Thread: Temp wire.....

Temp wire.....

I am working on messing with the temp wire on my MAF sensor. In the past I got a 5+ increase in mpg. But I changed it to mess with the load wire (which didnt help) But I am back to the temp wire. I think if you take away resistance you will make your engine think its running hotter which will reduce fuel to cool it down. It has worked for me for months. I will be back soon with the before and after resistances and what the voltage is before you and after to fill yall in. But I went from about 14-15 mpg to about 20-22 mpg so i am doing something.....I have to play with it and get some readings...but like always i need to time!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    I am working on messing with the temp wire on my MAF sensor. In the past I got a 5+ increase in mpg. But I changed it to mess with the load wire (which didnt help) But I am back to the temp wire. I think if you take away resistance you will make your engine think its running hotter which will reduce fuel to cool it down. It has worked for me for months. I will be back soon with the before and after resistances and what the voltage is before you and after to fill yall in. But I went from about 14-15 mpg to about 20-22 mpg so i am doing something.....I have to play with it and get some readings...but like always i need to time!
    i wouldn't mess with this too much as it can permanently damage your ECU. just buy a cheap AFC already man a ECU cost way too much to be messing with it

where should i look for a good AFC?