Thread: Crude System several questions

Crude System several questions

Hi forum,
    Been reading here for a while now and I am convinced that my system will melt from heat. Here's what I got (still untested - saw the design at a flea market one day)...

1 large glass jar with a plexiglass insert
    2 4-linear feet coils of 10ga. copper wire at about 3/8" spacing
    1 bubbler at the output for safety
    KOH electrolyte at 28% concentration by weight

I have not connected it yet. I am convinced that it will make HHO gas, also I am guessing it will produce quite a bit of H2O vapor because of the heat.

It seems from the discussions here it will draw somewhere around 30A-50A or more. Also it will turn my copper green and make it go away pretty quick.

I don't know what kind of mileage increase I might get but I was thinking 20%-40%.

Is there some kind of voltage regulator or current limiter I can put between the + supply and the electrolyzer to keep the temp/current/voltage down?

Can I reduce the concentration of KOH and therefore increase R of the electrolyzer and decrease current draw?

Am I crazy? Will this work (by work I mean not blow up, not melt the wires, and increase MPG)?

Thanks!

These sorts of systems are not worth the trouble, in my humble opinion.
    I would simply buy a small dry cell system and save most of the trouble you're likely to have this this one.

Glass jars with electrolyte if exploding can cause alot of damage under the bonnet and to human flesh

Been reading here for a while now
    you should have known this was junk that you bought.
    Am I crazy?
    without a doubt.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

ok so i'm crazy

aren't we all?
    this is a design I had seen before. i saw it installed in a vehicle at a flea market one day. I made this one myself. So far I have less than $20 into it - and maybe 4 hours of work, not counting the shopping.

regardless of the crudeness - it will work - I mean it will produce HHO gas. How much I can't say, but enough to affect the MPG? That was the claim of the guy at the flea market.

Now... there were OTHER questions... or maybe I am out of my league here on this forum... if so, sorry to bother you all and thanks for the info already provided.

oh, the glass jar is contained in a plastic housing that is mounted near the engine so if it does explode the glass won't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by creageous View Post
    aren't we all?
    this is a design I had seen before. i saw it installed in a vehicle at a flea market one day. I made this one myself. So far I have less than $20 into it - and maybe 4 hours of work, not counting the shopping.

regardless of the crudeness - it will work - I mean it will produce HHO gas. How much I can't say, but enough to affect the MPG? That was the claim of the guy at the flea market.

Now... there were OTHER questions... or maybe I am out of my league here on this forum... if so, sorry to bother you all and thanks for the info already provided.
    You simply are making a grenade. Please do not hook this device up to power of any sort. Copper in an electrolizer will quickly corrode, break apart, then arc and explode. You may hurt yourself or someone you care about. Before it explodes you will have VERY hot electrolite. A 28& solution of KOH WILL blind you or anyone else if it gets in their eyes. You will get 3rd degree burns as well as chemical burns. It is not just a possibility. A cell like you described WILL explode. Anyone selling one should be jailed. This is so dangerous I do not have the words to describe it. PLEASE THROW IT IN THE TRASH NOW!!!!!!

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

good advice,
    thanks