Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Volo FS-2 Operation detail

i shall thanks

VOLO FS2 Reset and ECU Calibration

Greetings. I've been into the HHO game for over 2 years and have a working prototype generator (5 cells) that we call the HODPOD.

I've been running the VOLO FS2 ONLY on my 2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 for about 6 months. It works very well but the initial install was like brain surgery (must be very carefull and accurate on the wires and connections).

I have tried to be VERY consistant in measuring MPG improvements. We have an online team site with thousands of HHO bench tests and hundreds of MPG road test data results.

My MPG BASELINE (for normal freeway commute to work and back) is 24.0 MPG.

With FS2 I am getting 27.4 MPG (about a 14% MPG improvement).

With my HODPOD #511 Generator (5 wet cells) @ 25 AMPS (14VDC) and 12% NaOH at 100 degrees F, I generate a steady 1.4 ML of HHO per minute.

The best MPG tests with FS2 + HHO were at 29.8 MPG (about 24% improvement in total and about 10% over FS2 alone).

I know that the FS2 RESET is important because it reads several sensors (O2, MAF, TEMP, etc) through the ODB-2 connection while it determins the BEST FS2 DATA MAP to reference. That is why the engine should be up to temp (closed loop and ECU engaged) and the external HHO input running before you press the RESET.

The FS2 resets and calibrates quickly.. maybe 60 seconds or so.

BUT.. THEN.. the ECU is sent the RESET SIGNAL and goes into what is called LEARNING MODE. That means that it will take between 100 and 150 miles of driving (depending on the variations of driving patterns) before the ECU will decide it has enough REAL DATA to ACCEPT any external ODB-2 MAPPING adjustments sent from the FS2.

Last weekend, I plugged in my ODB SCAN software (Auterra Dyno-Scan) and monitored various sensors while the FS2 was enabled. After this ODB monitoring session... I noticed my MPG fell down to 24 again !

I can only assume the scan tool caused the ECU to "reset" and go into LEARNING MODE. Today, I will RESET the FS2 and wait another 120 miles before I expect to see the MPG improvements again.

Quote Originally Posted by hodpod View Post
    Greetings. I've been into the HHO game for over 2 years and have a working prototype generator (5 cells) that we call the HODPOD.

I've been running the VOLO FS2 ONLY on my 2006 Pontiac G6 3.5L V6 for about 6 months. It works very well but the initial install was like brain surgery (must be very carefull and accurate on the wires and connections).

I have tried to be VERY consistant in measuring MPG improvements. We have an online team site with thousands of HHO bench tests and hundreds of MPG road test data results.

With my HODPOD #511 Generator (5 wet cells) @ 25 AMPS (14VDC) and 12% NaOH at 100 degrees F, I generate a steady 1.4 ML of HHO per minute.

The best MPG tests with FS2 + HHO were at 29.8 MPG (about 24% improvement in total and about 10% over FS2 alone).

I know that the FS2 RESET is important because it reads several sensors (O2, MAF, TEMP, etc) through the ODB-2 connection while it determins the BEST FS2 DATA MAP to reference. That is why the engine should be up to temp (closed loop and ECU engaged) and the external HHO input running before you press the RESET.

BUT.. THEN.. the ECU is sent the RESET SIGNAL and goes into what is called LEARNING MODE. That means that it will take between 100 and 150 miles of driving (depending on the variations of driving patterns) before the ECU will decide it has enough REAL DATA to ACCEPT any external ODB-2 MAPPING adjustments sent from the FS2.

Last weekend, I plugged in my ODB SCAN software (Auterra Dyno-Scan) and monitored various sensors while the FS2 was enabled. After this ODB monitoring session... I noticed my MPG fell down to 24 again !

I can only assume the scan tool caused the ECU to "reset" and go into LEARNING MODE. Today, I will RESET the FS2 and wait another 120 miles before I expect to see the MPG improvements again.
    Sorry but i dont agree with you about scan tool caused the ECU to reset parameter that´s impossible not even volo can do it. To reset ECU parameters you need to go to a dealer or disconect ECU for long time 12 to 24 hours or use a capacitor or led to drain any energy stored is in side your ECU. Some do reset by taking fuse out or disconect neg battery cable , wrong way and waste time on new cars. If anyone here find way to reset parameter every time you turn your key please let me know because this is the only way

Sorry but i dont agree with you about scan tool caused the ECU to reset parameter that´s impossible not even volo can do it. To reset ECU parameters you need to go to a dealer or disconect ECU for long time 12 to 24 hours or use a capacitor or led to drain any energy stored is in side your ECU. Some do reset by taking fuse out or disconect neg battery cable , wrong way and waste time on new cars. If anyone here find way to reset parameter every time you turn your key please let me know because this is the only way

Regards VOLO + scan tool

Greetings. ...
    ...Last weekend, I plugged in my ODB SCAN software (Auterra Dyno-Scan) and monitored various sensors while the FS2 was enabled. After this ODB monitoring session... I noticed my MPG fell down to 24 again !

I have my bad experience with HHO itself without any ECU (ECM?PCM) chipping and mapping. You may read it here: http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=8039

Want to buy a FS2, but have worries whether it work at all - too many contradictory information from users. Being more experienced than I, could you yell if VOLO FS2 able to work with hooked up OBD2 scanner. I have the Bluetooth skaner ELM327 vgate connected to my OBD2 port and read data from my android TORQUE program. Prefer not to disconnect it to have a possibility to see data "on the fly" from the system when will connect VOLO and HHO generator.