Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volo FS-2 Operation detail

Volo FS-2 Operation detail

Volo FS-2 resiting NOTE

Found this and thought it was worth posting. ( i think I only resit mine at idle Ooops)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9Jvb...layer_embedded

Another resit tip

I found Another resit tip.

"Install tips :

If you change anything in your set up, (add a cell, or change wear you put the intake hydroxy gas hose, etc. ) You should push the rest button on the volo blue box. Only do this when the engine has warmed up and in "closed loop" mode and idling, push the reset button. Most cars start up in "open loop" until operating temp. then switches over to "closed loop mode" ( 5 minutes or less) How do I know it is in "closed loop"? Buy a $160 Scangauge II, a gas saving mileage indicator on the spot. Ask any one who owns a Scangauge II, they will tell you that they love that thang."

I own a Scangauge 2 and I love that thang. I have greatly improved my gas mileage just be re-training myself to drive in a more fuel efficient manner.
    WTB dry cell for my 1.8L Toyota Corolla. Looking for a 7 plate setup +nnnnn-. I only need the cell itself. PST with pictures of any available kits.

Quote Originally Posted by methaneb View Post
    I own a Scangauge 2 and I love that thang. I have greatly improved my gas mileage just be re-training myself to drive in a more fuel efficient manner.
    That's nice.

Pardon my french, but

WHAT THE HELL DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE FS-2 !!!

Just kidding, Scan tools are awesome, I like the Lap top ScanPro version I think it gives i lot more info... for the same price. if you have a lap top.

It does seem the 2 resiting tips kind of contradict each other (a little) i guess I'll shot a email over and see is there a preferred way to resit the FS-2

Reply from VOLO, (between the lines i read. make sure its in closed loop)

Start with the engine running and warmed up, and HHO cell producing. Then press the reset button and allow engine to idle during calibration. Once the data light goes out, you'll need to allow up to 120 miles adjustment period. Thanks!

Dan

Sales & Installation

www.VoloPerformance.com

Roland,
    Seems like each week there's a new way to tune these, huh?
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

allow 15mins running time after reset, now 120miles.
    Can anyone confirm the entire actual instructions for setup? You'ld think that Volo would sort this out.

How do you know if its calibrating? I let my car worm up then I hit the reset and all the lights com on for about 3 to 5 sec then they all go out and the red flashes every 20 or 30 sec. I have driven 200 miles with no results at all. When im driving the pwr and the link lit will com on for 5 sec then shut off

Superhawk, Maybe you should double-check your wiring. If I'm not mistaken, the lights should remain on all the time except for the dlc, which should flash accasionally.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php