Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fuel injector signal as controler, some EE help please?

No difference for what you will be using it for.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb."

ONE Liter per minute per 10 amps which just isn't possible Ha Ha .

Quote Originally Posted by myoldyourgold View Post
    No difference for what you will be using it for.
    That being the case I will go with the less expensive option.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_ View Post
    The idea is that a fuel injector signal varies in length (for fuel mix) and in frequency (engine speed). Also it will cut off completely in DFCO (deceleration fuel cup off) mode.
    Therefor if this signal was spliced into (easy) and use to control current to the HHO cell (not so easy) the HHO production would be exactly proportional to fuel use.
    Hi,
    as the others said injectors appear to be commonly driven by the switching of a negative to the injector. Taking that signal can be done, ive done it on my Audi from all 6 injectors for the purpose of driving a separate injector into the manofold directly after the butterfly, injecting h20 thru that injector on each injector cycle, length and speed. So i simply made a 6 input "or" gate using pnp transistors and combined the output to switch the output stage.

So because the negative is switched, i required a positive trigger pulse for the duration of the injector signal, see attached diagram. R1 and r2 setup base resistor current bias for the 557, D1 protects any spike from the injector from overvolting the base emitter junction, on the output side at the collector, the led and resistor are optional. This will give you a means to obtain an injector signal that should not interfere with the output stage of the ecu driving the injectors..but do at your own risk.

Quote Originally Posted by wfchobby View Post
    Hi,
    as the others said injectors appear to be commonly driven by the switching of a negative to the injector. Taking that signal can be done, ive done it on my Audi from all 6 injectors for the purpose of driving a separate injector into the manofold directly after the butterfly, injecting h20 thru that injector on each injector cycle, length and speed. So i simply made a 6 input "or" gate using pnp transistors and combined the output to switch the output stage.

So because the negative is switched, i required a positive trigger pulse for the duration of the injector signal, see attached diagram. R1 and r2 setup base resistor current bias for the 557, D1 protects any spike from the injector from overvolting the base emitter junction, on the output side at the collector, the led and resistor are optional. This will give you a means to obtain an injector signal that should not interfere with the output stage of the ecu driving the injectors..but do at your own risk.
    Excellent post wfchobby. What kind of gains are you seeing with hho injection?

San Nicolas de Los Garza, Nuevo Leon, México

Injector

Owen, maybe you should try using a MOC or opto isolator. Connecting one lead to the signal via a resistor and the output side (Transistor) could be connected to a NE555 or a high current transistor for yor cell

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_ View Post
    It seems as though it would be ideal to use a proportional amount of HHO as you would petrel, for many reasons. I'd be interested to go into that, but I first what to know how feasible this would be to setup (for very little money, and a willingness to solder).

To my understanding the injector signal directly (bumped up to necessary current of coerce) would leave the cell off a lot. To combat that a switching device that has a fast on and a slow off could be of great importance, i don't know if such a component exists for necessary A range, alternately a fast on fast off if capable of 100A+ may be the way to go.

thanks for any help
    have you looked at the silicon chips book : electronic projects for cars ?

might come in handy ?
    mark k

This might be closer to what everyone is looking for:

http://hodinfo.com/forum/topics/smar...bd-ii-vehicles

Use a prototype micro controller. Steal the signal from the injectors and program the micro control to adjust what ever you want. I used a micro control to build my own fuel management system.