Thread: Fuel injector signal as controler, some EE help please?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fuel injector signal as controler, some EE help please?

It seems as though it would be ideal to use a proportional amount of HHO as you would petrel, for many reasons. I'd be interested to go into that, but I first what to know how feasible this would be to setup (for very little money, and a willingness to solder).

To my understanding the injector signal directly (bumped up to necessary current of coerce) would leave the cell off a lot. To combat that a switching device that has a fast on and a slow off could be of great importance, i don't know if such a component exists for necessary A range, alternately a fast on fast off if capable of 100A+ may be the way to go.

thanks for any help

This PWM controller/PWM can be linked to your MAP or MAF, which is directly related to load and RPM.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EFIE-...item414a860707
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/45A-C...Q5fAccessories
    http://www.hhoforums.com/showthread.php?t=5975

Yes, that is that standard way of setting things up, but not at all what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_ View Post
    Yes, that is that standard way of setting things up, but not at all what I'm talking about.
    I guess i dont follow your first post. The link i provided you is a variable output PWM. It increases HHO output with engine speed. Example 0.5 LPM at idle 2.0 LPM under a load.

I no the VMU was supposed to do that also, but I'm not sure they actually have that function working.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

I'm working on an all-in-one gadget that senses engine speed via a loop of wire around the spark plug wires. Easy access and can be programmed to a certain LPM at certain engine speeds. Is THAT what you had in mind?

The idea is that a fuel injector signal varies in length (for fuel mix) and in frequency (engine speed). Also it will cut off completely in DFCO (deceleration fuel cup off) mode.
    Therefor if this signal was spliced into (easy) and use to control current to the HHO cell (not so easy) the HHO production would be exactly proportional to fuel use.

you don't want a loop of wire you want a transformer. if you can find a old Xeon timming light with a clip on transformer it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen_ View Post
    It seems as though it would be ideal to use a proportional amount of HHO as you would petrel, for many reasons. I'd be interested to go into that, but I first what to know how feasible this would be to setup (for very little money, and a willingness to solder).

To my understanding the injector signal directly (bumped up to necessary current of coerce) would leave the cell off a lot. To combat that a switching device that has a fast on and a slow off could be of great importance, i don't know if such a component exists for necessary A range, alternately a fast on fast off if capable of 100A+ may be the way to go.

thanks for any help
    have you looked at the silicon chips book : electronic projects for cars ?

might come in handy ?
    mark k

This might be closer to what everyone is looking for:

http://hodinfo.com/forum/topics/smar...bd-ii-vehicles