Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is there a thread available for the science and theories of HHO?

There is truth in all the above, I also agree that HHO and Browns gas are the same thing but the members on the Wild about Britain forum gave me so much stick about the name HHO that I have tried to avoid that conflict by calling it Browns gas on this forum.
    One of the classic Bentleys had a nebuliser that sprayed a mist of water under the bonnet to increase its power output when racing and we all know that cars go faster on a damp day, so water is beyond doubt a benefit.
    It has also been shown that the old water in a HHO bubbler jar is still potent without the generator being used, but it is claimed that it has been altered in some way that makes it better than normal water?
    Another study has shown that the hotter cleaner burn created when using HHO somehow reduces the engines heat and therefore the energy that is normaly lost by heat?
    Anyway, the point is that we all reduce pollutants, enjoy better performance and save money, none of that can be a bad thing,
    Kind regards to you all,
    David

well I did a test the other day and it made me think about the hows and whys and whats. I have an old 83 toyota p/u with a small 2sh liter engine and has 200k miles on it and it runs kinda rough. I pulled it up to my HHO bench gen set and cranked it up to 30 amps and it was making around 2LPM and when I stuck it in the air intake the engine would rev up from 500 to 650 and start running very smoothly, no spuddering or shaking like it normally does. So I then put my finger over the end of the hose for about 10 seconds so it sould build up some pressure, then release it in the intake and it would rev up to almost 800 rpms then back down to 650 and smooth. that pretty much concluded to me that the hydrogen was making a stronger burn in the combustion chamber and had very little to do with water in that test. it was simply replacing the air going in with combustable H2 causing it to rev higher and run smoother. If only I could get an onboard 20LPM HHO system on this truck without to much draw on the engines torque and be able to cut back the fuel and advance the timing a bit closer to TDC.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Hello Helz, 2LPM is a pretty amazing output, I have never managed that even on my bench.
    I only use around 1/4 to 1/3 LPM at 10 to 15amps in my car and 1/2 to 3/4 LPM at 20 to 25 amps in my van.
    Your dramatic increase in revs not only proves that you have a stronger burn, (In my opinion largely due to the Oxygen content and the flash steam in the explosion) but that you also have an alternative fuel in the form of Hydrogen.

I have never tried for the extra MPG, the clean exhaust, extra Torque and around 5% extra miles per gallon that I get from my simple HHO generators have always been good enough for me.
    I do keep my engines tuned for economy and I also keep my tyre pressures correct but to be honest Helz I have never believed that HHO as it is now, is an alternative fuel.
    I know that I should be burned at the stake for saying that but it is what I believe.

HHO is very green and we all need clean air, extra torque is great at low revs and a small gain on MPG is enough to make me a HHO fan.

Building a complex and expensive, high powered HHO system and then working on all engine and electronic tweaks to gain more MPG can be done but it is not for me at this time.

Maybe Urea development may change all that in the future but as it is now, a low price, simple DIY installation that gives such huge advantages is just great.

I hope that you are not to upset by opinions, I do know from reading your quotes that you are a true expert in this field,
    Kind regards,
    David

no I agree. It is expensive to try and get gains in mileage on these smart cars and even more so if you want to try and replace gasoline with hydrogen. and building a gen set that produces a high volume of gas is not cheap. It really all depends on your intentions. alt fuel = extremely expensive, mileage gains = still pricey, or like yourself, go green and get a small boost in torque and very little if any gains in mileage = affordable. I have given up on trying to get and mileage gains on my 3.5 liter 08 Charger because of how smart that car is but I am going to try it on my small 2.2 liter computerless p/u. Im going more twards water vapor induction on the charger. I may put a HHO gen set back on it after I/we figure out a more efficient way of producing hydrogen.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Thank you Helz, It is nice to get a sensible and polite reply to a question posted on a HHO forum.
    I wish you luck with your 2.2 liter project, I like your idea of moving nearer to TDC but keep an eye on the engine temperature as it can make it hotter and listen for pinking, the same applys to leaning off the mixture.
    Playing around with the drive wheels and tire sizes can also make a huge difference to fuel consumption, a narrow tire offers much less friction and a larger wheel makes the car travel extra distance on each rotation.
    My 47 year old Ford pictures are on the following site if you would like a look, I think that there are a couple of pictures with the HHO set-up,
    Kind regards,
    David www.cardomain.com/ride/3217515/3