Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry cell the cheap way

Talking Dry cell the cheap way

Hells all, i would like everybody to post cheap ways to make a dry cell. i will start with the cheap dry cell i made.

i use 14 stainless steel serving trays, each cost us$4 and the plate i got out of it measure about 11" by 7"

Talking

Talking

and 2 cutting boards, cost us$5 each, they can withstand heat and they dont warp,chip or crack

Talking

and paper gaskets, it come on a roll 2 feet wide so i got 2 gaskets out of 1 foot, 1 foot cost us$0.50

the only draw back with these gaskets is that ink is on one side so you will have to run the cell for some time to get the ink out of it, i connect it to my kitchen sink and have water run through it and power it and just leave it over night. next day its clean.

Talking

this is what it looks like when its finish

Talking

plates configuration is -nnn+nnnn-nnn+ it is getting cool mixture feed from the sides so i can afford to run the outside cells a little hotter than the inside cell, the outside cells plates are 3vdc each and the inside cell is 2.4vdc each, the surface area used by 1 side of a plate is 6" wide and 10" high, and 26 plate faces are being used with 3 holes each plate, starting with 2 at the bottom and 1 at the top then the next plate 2 holes at the top and 1 at the bottom. the reason why i place the plates like that is because in my opion having a current leak next to a current leak cant be good so i place every hole facing flat surface that way im cutting down the current leakage field. just my opinion, just like i post in my first thread.

ok people share your cheap ways

Talking

bump bump

Richard...What the F@#$ I click on one of your pictures to look at your dry cell and it takes me to your online photo gallery, OK. Then I close that window and come back to this forum and all of a sudden I hear some chick's voice talking about Adult Friend Finder coming from a pop up window in another window. I better not have gotten some spam bull**** because of this. Has this happened to anyone else?

All I got was 'blocked pop-up' notification. You might want to change your pop-up settings.
    Other than that, the pictures came out fine.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by hhoconnection View Post
    Richard...What the F@#$ I click on one of your pictures to look at your dry cell and it takes me to your online photo gallery, OK. Then I close that window and come back to this forum and all of a sudden I hear some chick's voice talking about Adult Friend Finder coming from a pop up window in another window. I better not have gotten some spam bull**** because of this. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Mike, you got A$$hatted .
    That will teach you to look at pictures of "Miracle Generators"
    Ahhh,
    EFFICIENCY!

Just Bustin'
    Most likely it's a file in you temporary internet files folder, just purge it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell