Thread: Prevent freezing

Prevent freezing

If i put some rubbing alcohol (70% strength) in my cell to help prevent freezing....will it work? I think if i put a half cup or so in my cell i think it will help with my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra4x4 View Post
    If i put some rubbing alcohol (70% strength) in my cell to help prevent freezing....will it work? I think if i put a half cup or so in my cell i think it will help with my problem.
    It will help with freezing but will really slow down production. Best is a 28% solution of KOH. It will not freeze.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

freezing

is this mixture of KOH working for you up in Anchorage??-- i want ot use my cells full time over the road and run in sub-freezing temps all the time--

freezing overnite

What about using a battery heater plugged in overnite to prevent freezing-- how do you deal with it up in Alaska??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFxU_nyXvc

Here is the same method I use for adjusting my KOH Levels. AutoZone has the hydrometers for like 7 dollars. This SOOOO simplifies the whole process.

Thanks,

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by wickedrevs56 View Post
    What about using a battery heater plugged in overnite to prevent freezing-- how do you deal with it up in Alaska??
    I just run 28% KOH by weight and it never freezes. No need for any heaters of any kind. You will need to run a PWM to prevent over amping of your device if you do this. Also a 25% solution of Alcohol in your bubbler will prevent it from freezing. Make sure that your HHO line to your intake stays warm when the engine is running or the moisture in the line will freeze over time and block the flow of HHO to the engine causing the cell and bubbler to pressurize and maybe explode.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.