Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Results after sealing leaks and setting AFRs to 15.6:1

tbhavsar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mneste8718 View Post
    This weekend I sealed up all the leaks in my electrolyzer again and siliconed the edges of the plates. I am also already tuned to 15.6:1 AFR. The result is 36.28MPG while doing 75mph on the hwy with 85mph bursts. This is a 8-9mpg increase from what I would usually get. I am guessing that I got more out of the HHO because of the leaner mixture. In either case I am happy with the results because I am only pulling maybe 10amps max and gaining so much. When I was testing the electrolyzer using a car battery charger, it was pulling 4.2amps while being pretty warm. So I am guesstimating that its not pulling more than 10 when it is under its operating temperature under the hood.
    Can you tell me the type/brand of Silion you used? I tried mine with Silicon based glue that I bought from Home depot; next day when I opened the cell for something else; all Silicon from came off from the edge.

Dewayne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhavsar View Post
    Can you tell me the type/brand of Silion you used? I tried mine with Silicon based glue that I bought from Home depot; next day when I opened the cell for something else; all Silicon from came off from the edge.
    DO NOT close your cell. Let it dry in the open air.

When I was in the Air Force I worked on converting missiles into drones. We used tons of silicone. One thing we learned was that silicone requires humidity to cure. We converted a missile and then we closed the panels and reconnected the cryogenic hoses. We reopened it the next day and the silicone had dripped everywhere. After that we did not close the panels until the silicone had cured.

mneste8718 Guest
    Yea definitely let it dry as much as possible. I used Silicone Type 2 which apparently stands to 400F. Apparently thats the highest grade you can get.

is the egt necessary to control the afr?is this a stock afr,meaning does suburu use afr instead of oxy sensor?
    I have '00 toy pre-runner 3.4L w/4 wire hego afr,think thats right anyway.
    I read where compatibility is lacking for the wideband 4 wire systems, your experience sounds like you are past this issue already,if I had 1/100th your electronics background I could tackle this cause I am sure for you this is very basic am I right? how I envy you...damn! should have listened to grandpa telling me to go into electronic engineering ..what a DA .
    any help greatly appreciated!! will post all results later once its fool-proof ,longevity and road tested for a minimum of 500 miles in the hot texas summers..then we'll really know which way the wind blows!! thanx,grrreat work !!