Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results after sealing leaks and setting AFRs to 15.6:1

mneste8718 Guest

Results after sealing leaks and setting AFRs to 15.6:1

This weekend I sealed up all the leaks in my electrolyzer again and siliconed the edges of the plates. I am also already tuned to 15.6:1 AFR. The result is 36.28MPG while doing 75mph on the hwy with 85mph bursts. This is a 8-9mpg increase from what I would usually get. I am guessing that I got more out of the HHO because of the leaner mixture. In either case I am happy with the results because I am only pulling maybe 10amps max and gaining so much. When I was testing the electrolyzer using a car battery charger, it was pulling 4.2amps while being pretty warm. So I am guesstimating that its not pulling more than 10 when it is under its operating temperature under the hood.

stickittoopec Guest
    That sounds like good results.
    What car is this on?
    What style unit (series cell, smack, hybrid of the 2....)?

mneste8718 Guest
    This is on a '04 Subaru WRX. I have an EGT gauge and wideband O2 gauge as well. I tuned the car to 15.6:1 and I might try to go even higher because the EGTs seem to not move at all from the stoichiometric AFRs.

The cell is a 7 plate cell with 5 neutrals with the edges siliconed to decrease the current bleeding around the neutral plates. I'm not exactly sure how much I am producing per minute but I don't care right now heh. But I will test it some time soon.

And for the skeptics, I am a mechanical engineer and I tested the car with just the 15.6:1 AFR and no HHO and I could not get past 27MPG under the same conditions.

Very nice, I am glad your having good results.
    2006 Ram, 5.9 cummins HO. 4 cell design, 1.5 LPM@30amp, 24.3 MPG

cougar gt-e Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mneste8718 View Post

And for the skeptics, I am a mechanical engineer and I tested the car with just the 15.6:1 AFR and no HHO and I could not get past 27MPG under the same conditions.
    Hey! No fair! That was going to be my question.

Good job with it.

By the way, how many tanks have you gone thru since the upgrade?

Omega Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mneste8718 View Post
    This weekend I sealed up all the leaks in my electrolyzer again and siliconed the edges of the plates. I am also already tuned to 15.6:1 AFR. The result is 36.28MPG while doing 75mph on the hwy with 85mph bursts. This is a 8-9mpg increase from what I would usually get. I am guessing that I got more out of the HHO because of the leaner mixture. In either case I am happy with the results because I am only pulling maybe 10amps max and gaining so much. When I was testing the electrolyzer using a car battery charger, it was pulling 4.2amps while being pretty warm. So I am guesstimating that its not pulling more than 10 when it is under its operating temperature under the hood.
    WOW! Good for you, mneste8718!!

What is the standard AFR for your WRX?? How did you change the AFR and how are you monitoring the EGT? Are you using an EFEI or other electronic gizmo to gain MPG?

This info is just the kind of thing that can move us all forward a quite a bit.

mneste8718 Guest
    I've been having problems with leaks and getting through a whole tank has been difficult. This is why I am finally going to make an acryllic enclosure soon.

Standard AFRs are always 14.7:1

I have software that I use to tune the ECU of the engine.

I have an EGT probe in the exhaust header.

Atechguy Guest
    I have just installed mind on the 01 Subaru Forester, i just have a efie on with the HHO cell its working sweet and fizzy , , I guess its normal to get some water out your tail pipe because its turns back to water after combusted,will post with results,i am contemplating buying the software.

mneste8718 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Atechguy View Post
    I have just installed mind on the 01 Subaru Forester, i just have a efie on with the HHO cell its working sweet and fizzy , , I guess its normal to get some water out your tail pipe because its turns back to water after combusted,will post with results,i am contemplating buying the software.

The software is free, the usb ODB cable is like $80 or something

www.tactrix.com

Atechguy Guest
    No the only software that works with mind Is the Perfect Power P6 piggyback ECU.