Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First in the world

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Talking First in the world

here is a first in the world dry cell with air cooling.

here is the blueprint

videos

Richard, I must admit - it's a clever way of cooling the cell. However, a good cell design shouldn't need cooling in the first place. If you need to cool the cell, you are wasting power in the cell itself, then on top of it, you are wasting power by running the fan to dissipate the heat.

Again, it IS clever, but if you electrolyte is very concentrated and your plate spacing is good, you shouldn't be dissipating excessive heat in the first place.

Talking

well i wanted to use 5 n plates but the production is so low, even 4 n plates the production didnt impress me so i went with 3 n plates, that is 3volts each plate, the production is very nice at about 4LPM@25amps. i dont mind using 0.68amps to cool the cell because im getting the out put that i want.

i have a question for all, i am thinking of using Sodium Silicate as an corrosion inhibitor, please tell me what you think about this.

also i will be mounting the cooling part of the generator in the front bumper where it can get cool air blowing on it like a inter-cooler.

i will post videos of the setup soon

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    well i wanted to use 5 n plates but the production is so low, even 4 n plates the production didnt impress me so i went with 3 n plates, that is 3volts each plate, the production is very nice at about 4LPM@25amps.
    Wow 4LPM @25amps is incredable. now factor out water vapor and give the real LPM.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

4lpm at 25 amps is overunity, over half of it must be water vapor.

Talking

ha haaaaa, all the plates, connecting rods and nuts are all cryo treated then re tempered and mirror finished. i can just imagine when i finish this new design that im working on with no holes next time im sending things to get cryo treated im going to send the wire connectors too to see if it adds even 5% more efficiency

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Wow 4LPM @25amps is incredable. now factor out water vapor and give the real LPM.
    still not bad, 3LPM after scrubbler i will have videos soon

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Richard, I must admit - it's a clever way of cooling the cell. Again, it IS clever.
    Clever my ass. This is not a first and its no where near as efficient as it is to pump & cool the electrolyte through a small radiator if needed. Wasted plate surface for the sake of air cooled fins, could have used it for more HHO production.
    As for the minute amount of power it takes to power a fan or pump its no strain on the alternator.

So far I have ignored this person's threads and posts because I am a busy man and do not have time to mess with stupidity and dishonesty.

This one finally ****ed me off enough to make a post. It really ****es me off to see some A$$HAT misdirect some new person who does not have enough experience to know the difference. A thread like this has the potential to cause many to waste their hard earned money chasing a pipe dream. Richard, You and Smack need to get together and tell each other lies. Leave us out of it.

I finally could not stop myself from responding. This response is for any new person to this forum that is looking for the goose that lays golden eggs. This crap is not it.

Absolutely nothing in this cell design will help anyone with any additional production at all and most of it will hurt effeciency.

First this cell would be extremely lucky to get 1.5 LPM HHO at 12 volts 25 amps. No where near 4 LPM. Furthermore 4 LPM at 300 watts would get anyone responsible for the build a Nobel Peace Prize. Done Deal. That kind of effeciency would mean free energy for anyone copying the design. A larger design of a cell with that kind of effeciency could power your home easily off just water.

Second, COOLING???, That cooling set up will do little if anything at all to cool a cell down. Stainless Steel is a poor thermal conductor. Furthermore WHY would anyone make a device that runs hotter than they want it to. Making a device that runs cool is brain dead easy. Just keep the voltage per plate gap between 2 and 2.3 volts and keep the current down to about 1 watt per 4 sq inches of plate surface. The cell will never get over 140 degrees. NEVER EVER EVER. My favorite question is, why would you fight the heat anyway? The hotter your cell runs the more conductive it becomes. Hence runaway amp draw. The only reason the cell keeps increasing amp draw is because it is becoming less resistant hence more effecient. Just build a cell that can handle the temperature and let it do its thing. Scrubbing the water out of the gas is easy. I run my cell over 200 degrees all the time and produce dry cool (70 degree F) gas.

Third, What in the world would anyone spend time or money to get a mirror finish on a plate. Just some easy simple research will tell anyone that just the opposite is desired for optimum performance. The big boys (Large companies and professional research facilities) are spending millions to make the plate surface as porous as possible. More surface area will always equal more production and higher effeciency. A little research should convince anyone of that.

Fourth, Anyone that talks about cryo treating and mirror polishing the bolts, nuts, and wire connections needs to rethink life. The bolts simply hold the cell together. Someone please tell me just how changing anything with the bolt surface will do anything except make them shine. WHAT, A 5% increase in effeciency by Cryo treating a wire connector. Richard, Super conductors do run very cold. They are kept cold all the time to reduce resistance! Simply getting something cold then letting it warm back up DOES NOTHING!!!!! You must KEEP it cold to reduce resistance. That does not apply to water. It loses resistance as it warms up rapidly. Sure the plates gain some resistance but the water loses resistance MUCH faster than the metal gains it as it warms up. YOUR CELL WILL BE MORE EFFECIENT WHEN IT IS HOT!

Now that I have broken my promise to myself to not respond to any of Richards posts I think I will just go beat my head against some cold Alaska Ice. Maybe Cryo Treating my head then Mirror polishing it will make my brain more effecient.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Larry, your post just gave new meaning to "ROFL". I always thought it was just some stupid, over-used internet acronym, but I guess I was mistaken. You really can be ROFL.