Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: First in the world

Talking First in the world

here is a first in the world dry cell with air cooling.

here is the blueprint

videos

Richard, I must admit - it's a clever way of cooling the cell. However, a good cell design shouldn't need cooling in the first place. If you need to cool the cell, you are wasting power in the cell itself, then on top of it, you are wasting power by running the fan to dissipate the heat.

Again, it IS clever, but if you electrolyte is very concentrated and your plate spacing is good, you shouldn't be dissipating excessive heat in the first place.

Talking

well i wanted to use 5 n plates but the production is so low, even 4 n plates the production didnt impress me so i went with 3 n plates, that is 3volts each plate, the production is very nice at about 4LPM@25amps. i dont mind using 0.68amps to cool the cell because im getting the out put that i want.

i have a question for all, i am thinking of using Sodium Silicate as an corrosion inhibitor, please tell me what you think about this.

also i will be mounting the cooling part of the generator in the front bumper where it can get cool air blowing on it like a inter-cooler.

i will post videos of the setup soon

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    here is a first in the world dry cell with air cooling.
    .............nice

Talking

thanks man, i will post the zero holes with dual cooling soon, that will have the electrolyte mixture touching only plate face NO HOLES and i will still use this cooling design with it.

Neat to see something different.
    Your design is very cleaver, but you are still ignoring some basic electrolyser principles. Unnecessarly creating extra heat, then using more power to cool it is still counter-productive for effiency.

FWIW SS is very poor at dissipating heat. Even with a fan on one end it may have little cooling effect on the unit. I'd like to no the temp difference of the water when fan is on and off.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by richard_lyew View Post
    well i wanted to use 5 n plates but the production is so low, even 4 n plates the production didnt impress me so i went with 3 n plates, that is 3volts each plate, the production is very nice at about 4LPM@25amps.
    Wow 4LPM @25amps is incredable. now factor out water vapor and give the real LPM.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

4lpm at 25 amps is overunity, over half of it must be water vapor.

Talking

ha haaaaa, all the plates, connecting rods and nuts are all cryo treated then re tempered and mirror finished. i can just imagine when i finish this new design that im working on with no holes next time im sending things to get cryo treated im going to send the wire connectors too to see if it adds even 5% more efficiency

Quote Originally Posted by Philldpapill View Post
    Richard, I must admit - it's a clever way of cooling the cell. Again, it IS clever.
    Clever my ass. This is not a first and its no where near as efficient as it is to pump & cool the electrolyte through a small radiator if needed. Wasted plate surface for the sake of air cooled fins, could have used it for more HHO production.
    As for the minute amount of power it takes to power a fan or pump its no strain on the alternator.