Oh well,
That's what I'm going to call it anyway. It sounds like something from the medical wing of a prison, but the idea is to isolate the two gasses from one another yet try to keep the efficiency as high as possible from the stand point of plate spacing. Before it hits the fan, let me say that this particular unit is NOT for a vehicle, but for making clean storable H2 for the farmstead and intended to be powered by a dedicated array of solar panels.
With the accidental discovery by H2OPWR of the insulative properties and durability of Weldon-16, the final hurdle for the "Isolation Cell" has been overcome. The gasket shape does the bulk of the work, but problem had been the plate thickness that was exposed to electrolyte at the inlet and outlet holes.
When I read a post this morning about a "no hole dry cell" I started wondering exactly how that was meant, then I saw the "Shim Cell" and realized that roughly the same thing was trying to be accomplished through a similar architecture though there was no attempt to separate the gasses.
I attached a .jpg of my design for evaluation. Constructive criticism only please... -Gus