Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Separation / Storage of Hydrogen

Separation / Storage of Hydrogen

Hey everyone. I am trying to figure out how to incorporate a small baffle into in inlet system. This is so that my regulator can handle rapid changes in requirements.

Many people have said that there is no way to compress HHO in a container. Now I don't mean for storage, but for continuous usage. It is more of a device to even out the pressure to the regulator.

Then I see this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMczu...eature=related

This guy is compressing HHO + air, up to 50 psi.

I would like to hear some thoughts on this.

Next, someone suggested separating the H from the HHO and then compressing it into a storage container. The example of Zack West was made.

When you consider Stoichiometric fuel air ratio of 29.6%, you are looking at about 16.5 LPM of hydrogen to idle a 150cc engine.

I have seen 1000cc engines idling on 5 LPM of hydroxy.

What gives?

any quantity of HHO scares the sh** out of me, i defiantly would not want to have it pressurized, maybe i'm just a wimp, but a flash back to that guys tank would be quite the mess.
    Just hydrogen under pressure, different story.

also air would make a reducing flame, I guess that would keep his copper radiator from turning green, but if it were me, i'd like to keep it near neutral if possible.

Also i didn't really respond to your post, that vid made me so nervous. With out pressure a holding blatter of some sort, like a Mylar balloon might work for you.

that 1000cc engine was likely running lean, lean to the point it would burn out if you kept it running that way.

my thoughts on this video? Im glad I dont live anywhere near this moron. that bronze wool isnt fail proof.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post

When you consider Stoichiometric fuel air ratio of 29.6%, you are looking at about 16.5 LPM of hydrogen to idle a 150cc engine.

I have seen 1000cc engines idling on 5 LPM of hydroxy.

What gives?

I'm guessing the 5 LPM idling motor was NO AIR, just HHO right?
    (I wish i still had that link to that web site they had LP conversions hardware...)

How did you come up with 16.5 LPM for the 150 cc?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

I like the dramatic effect the the sound of little children playing in the same room made on that video!
    Sort of like the "Dangers of a Home Meth Lab" effect!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    I'm guessing the 5 LPM idling motor was NO AIR, just HHO right?
    (I wish i still had that link to that web site they had LP conversions hardware...)

How did you come up with 16.5 LPM for the 150 cc?
    The best place to get stuff is:

http://www.carbturbo.com/

I messed up the calculations.

At 1500 rpm, you have 750 power strokes.

750 * 150cc is 112500cc of engine volume at idle.

112500cc = 112.5 Liters

Hydrogen is 30% of the air fuel mixture, so that's 33.75 liters of hydrogen per minute.

Hydroxy is 2/3 Hydrogen (this is where i screwed up), so if you separated the hydrogen out, you would need 50.625 Liters per minute of Hydroxy to end up with 33.75 Liters of Hydrogen.

This doesn't seem right to me, so I am looking for where my mistake is.

My favorite part of the video is not even 10 seconds in, and the VERY first thing he says in a comment box is "i will block ass holes". Wow, I, as a total newbie to HHO, sure want to stick around to see what this stuff is about. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
    I messed up the calculations.

At 1500 rpm, you have 750 power strokes.

750 * 150cc is 112500cc of engine volume at idle.

112500cc = 112.5 Liters

Hydrogen is 30% of the air fuel mixture, so that's 33.75 liters of hydrogen per minute.

Hydroxy is 2/3 Hydrogen (this is where i screwed up), so if you separated the hydrogen out, you would need 50.625 Liters per minute of Hydroxy to end up with 33.75 Liters of Hydrogen.

This doesn't seem right to me, so I am looking for where my mistake is.
    1. I think the 30% number you are refering to is "H2 to O2" (not air).
    So air is 21% O2. This will help a little.

2. Do you have a link to the 1000CC engine running on 5lpm? I think you'll find a VE thing going on with that.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    1. I think the 30% number you are refering to is "H2 to O2" (not air).
    So air is 21% O2. This will help a little.

2. Do you have a link to the 1000CC engine running on 5lpm? I think you'll find a VE thing going on with that.
    I can not remember the Youtube users name but there is a video out there where the person was running a Geo Metro (1000 cc). His claim was that he was running it on 5 lpm HHO. He did quite the demonstration and had many beleiving him. It was a total scam. Later he admitted that he had made an error in his calculations because he had HHO pressurized and had not taken that into count. He the went on to run the engine on HHO again. This time I beleive that he claimed around 15 LPM. Both were total scam's. He is selling devices and figured running an engine off one of his devices would sell more.

Just another BS story that makes all look like snake oil salesmen,

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.