Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Separation / Storage of Hydrogen

Quote Originally Posted by 22350 View Post
    I think this is why we never get a solid baseline on how much HHO it takes to operate an engine.

On our first run, we used a venture body, bolted on to the front of the throttle body. Feeding that was a low pressure regulator, with a high pressure regulator feeding that from upstream. In addition, there was an idle feed into the intake manifold.

This worked (badly) for LP. It was incorrect for the application. For hydroxy, I think it would have worked too, except we had a flashback which destroyed the regulators.

We also had a problem with the 4 retail electrolysis units, which didn't make a half a liter between all of them. The unit we had before those was a Paul Zigouras unit. Don't get me started on that.

Now we have our little test unit, which I know will make 3 LPM. We also have a proper LP carburetor, rather than the LP venture ring.

Next week, when the waste spark is gone, I think we might give it another try. Maybe we can get the idle requirements with the 3 LPM unit.
    I would love to see that done. If 3 LPM can even idle a 150 CC engine then that would be a huge breakthrough. For my 404 CC engine I am planning on making 40 to 50 LPM. If I could cut that in half then the build would be much less expensive.

Keep us posted.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

I am starting to think that I am going to have to separate the gas, so that I can have some sort of a storage tank.

making a reactor that makes hydrogen on one side and oxy on the other is very easy. I would love to see some builds that are setup like that. not many make them
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

I am trying to do something more like Zach West. You separate the gas after making it.

That way you can have an efficient cell.

P

hmm, thats new to me. ill have to research that.
    The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
    www.hhounderground.com

do you ahve a link to how he does it?
    www.hhounderground.com

Quote Originally Posted by Helz_McFugly View Post
    do you ahve a link to how he does it?
    http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/ZachWest.pdf
    It may require storing hydrogen at 30psi
    A little to complex. Its easier just to mod MAP/MAF EFIE

Quote Originally Posted by hhonewbie View Post
    http://www.free-energy-info.co.uk/ZachWest.pdf
    It may require storing hydrogen at 30psi
    A little to complex. Its easier just to mod MAP/MAF EFIE
    I don't know if it is easier. If you are boosting, you don't need to store the gas. Derek Z. doesn't store the gas.

Most boosters won't make that much gas and if you split off the H, it is even less.

Did either one of you guys bother to take a look at the "isolation cell" I posted about and put a .jpg of the drawing in with a few days ago? I'm up to my ass in dry cell building (the mixed gas kind) and frankly don't want to allocate the bucks to another project before I finish this one. The isolation cell separates the gases and there is no way it can be less efficient than currently available (affordable) designs or finished units for sale. It builds almost exactly like a drycell but uses a double layer of tight weave heavy dacron as an ionic membrane and vents the oxygen to the atmosphere so there can not be any cross contamination of O2 into the hydrogen side, leaving the hydrogen clean enough for catalytic scrubbing and compression. The plate spacing still works out to be around .090". No neutral plates though, since they're bipolar.. each plate has to be pos or neg and vents to its own side of the unit. All the plates are supplied at top and bottom (diagonally) with power to try and minimize the SS resistive loss issues encountered with plates using single point supply. Anyway, the cad files are available if anyone is interested and yes, before anyone accuses me of trying to get someone else to build an as-yet unproven design of mine I say "hell yes, I'm too busy right now and have too much money tied up in other adventures at the moment..." It's here if you want it. If you can't tell what's going on from the drawing and brief description I'll be glad to correspond with anyone that's interested. If you're not interested, don't bust my balls about it and waste time (yours AND mine) writing negative BS back at me. . -later
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yes Bio I have seen it and have no doubts it will work.
    Will the cell have any Nuetral plates?
    How do you intent to circulate the electrolyte?

I thought of this method before but resources and the cost of Nafion ionic membranes are beyond my means here in New Zealand