Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith Experiment in HHO

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I have a question... What is the lowest voltage that I can run and not have a noticeable drop in HHO production/Gas mileage? I'm thinking that if I run lower voltage, I can run cooler. If I installed a 12 volt to 4 volt transformer for example, will this have any effect? I know that amperage is the main factor but i thought I'd pose the question.

Mr. Smith

Voltage

I have read in other forums that 3 to 5 volts is the best as far as heat and production ratios. I have run 24 volts and had amazing production levels, but heat was a monster.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I just remembered. I purchased a 12 volt variable transformer about 13 years ago. It's somewhere on a shelf in my garage. It is adjustable from 3 to 7.5 volts.

I used it to keep a dirt-devil hand-vac charged in my work vehicle.

Mr. Smith

gidrew Guest

your heat issue....

They will get hot. One solution is to mount it where air can hit it and cool it off. Another is when you cant mount it under the grill, (I also cant mount mine behind the grill) is to install a cooling system. I found a 12v dc pump from walmart that has a 3/4 thread for the inlet and a hose connection for the outlet. It is meant for a live well on a boat, for recirulating the water to keep bait alive. I am going to drill and tap a 3/4" thread into the bottom of the 4" cap, and run some tubing to the grill in front of the fan (for airflow when im not moving) and since i am a plumber, I happen to have some 3/8" copper tubing from a job left over, since copper dispurses heat well, it will work great for cooling.

dissimilar metals

I havent tried copper yet, but I used an aluminum radiator. It lasted about 3 days before the eletrolyte ate through it. Most people say using different types of metals in your system is bad as it causes corrosion. Though, it cant hurt to try i guess.

hamcampro Guest

Sensors

Smith03Jetta have you done anything to modify your sensors? I've been doing some research for my 94 Altima and it has an O2 sensor and a MAF sensor. My generator is feeding in after the MAF sensor so I'm mostly bypassing that but the O2 sensor is in with the exhaust and tells the engine to add more gas when it notices the additional oxygen in the exhaust. With newer cars the generator alone will only slightly increase your mpg at best. To fully enjoy the benefits of the hho generator the fuel to air ratio needs to be adjusted. Either through the MAF (or MAP) sensor, the O2 sensor, or an Electronic Fuel Injection Enhancer (EFIE).

Ronjinsan Guest

Marvellous

Mr Smith

You are truly the first person I have seen who has succesfully answered all his own questions without intervention! You dont happen to be a psychiatrist by profession do you? I really think, that as a starting non-believer come sceptic, you have progressed incredibly. Its all good, and as you learn, so you teach....I'm certain you will be able to help lots of people here soon! I missed 1 day of this thread and I feel ancient! Welcome to the forum...

Smith03Jetta Guest
    I'm not a shrink. I manage the IT operations for a carpet mill in Georgia.

I did a 100 mile MPG test. I ran exactly 99.8 miles and pulled in to the Kangaroo Station. The 87 octane fuel cost $3.76 a gallon. I calculated the MPG at 31.5. That does not seem significant but during my test, I was on the interstate doing 75 to 80 with the AC running. I normally get about 25 mpg under those driving conditions. I calculated that I achieved a 25% increase in my gas mileage. The Jetta normally gets 31 mpg driving 60 with the AC off in the winter.

I attribute a 10% increase in my fuel mileage to tampering with the O2 sensor. That is supposed to lean out the fuel consumption. The other 15% has got to be the HHO.

I did a volume test this morning and my generator makes 1 liter in 4 minutes. Not the best in the world. I think I'll try something else...

Here's what I did.

I decided to modify my plate array and build a larger generator today. I went to Home Depot. Bought some more PVC pipe, stainless bolts, Wire, etc... I built 4 separate 4-plate thingys and connected their ground plates together on a single stainless ground strap. I bolted the strap through the wall of the PVC. The Positive posts of each 4-plate setup I ran through the PVC as well and allows for individual plug-unplug from the outside of the pipe. I connecte d all 4 in series and tried it out. I got significant output. More than before, running 12 plates on one array with neutral plates. I'm not sure about the volume this time. I did not measure it.

I noticed that the wires I used to run the series were not heavy enough so it started to get really hot too quick. I shut it off. Before I shut it off, however I ran the hose to a bucket of soapy water and made myself some bubbles. I got the kids to come out and look at the bubbles and decided to light the bubbles. There weren't many. A half liter maybe. I lit them with a BBQ lighter and the explosion just about knocked me on my butt. The flash was about the size of a basketball. My ears are still ringing slightly now. It's been an hour and a half since... That was cool. Dangerous but cool. The sound was similar to a high powered rifle. I'm sure I pissed off my neighbors.

I'll post some photos when I get time.

In response to a previous question...

As far as the O2 sensor goes, I pulled the O2 sensor out of the exhaust flow a little to lean up the engine a bit.

Mr. Smith

Explosion

LMAO, that will learn ya!!!!
    I did something similar in the house last night. Scared the crap out of my wife, I got some seriously dirty looks.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    More Photos. I've got some more photos to post. This first set of photos is from my first attempt. The second set will be of the new generator that I have yet to install in my car.

Mr. Smith