Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Bubbler Question

Another Bubbler Question

If you use Vinegar in a bubbler to neutralize any possible KOH residue before injecting the HHO into the air cleaner, do you need to worry about any corrosion or damage from the vinegar that may get picked up by the HHO as it passed through t he bubbler?

Steve
    1991 Plymouth Acclaim 3L V6.
    1 dry cells with nineteen 6"x8" 316L ss plates, driven by constant current PWM set at 35 amps (13.3V at PWM). 28% KOH electrolyte. Total measured output 2.5 lpm. Mileage went from 18 to 26 mpg, all city driving (44% increase). EFIE set at .370 and I still need to play with ignition timing.

With a quick search on google i could not readily find anywhere that mentioned that vinegar would even corrode or harm SS or aluminum. I did find that its a good rust remover . But i would much rather risk a little vinegar getting into my intake than any e-lyte. If you are that worried about getting vinegar in your engine make another bubbler with just water so that would filter out the vinegar. Just a thought and Good luck

I suppose that would really depend on its strength.. Does anyone actually use undiluted vinegar? Personally 10% is the strongest I'll use but that is in a turbulated bubbler backed up with a turbulated fresh water bubbler, so you end up diluting an already dilute neutralizer to the point of being a chemically insignificant trace element.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

One thing that has been on my mind is an empty "bubbler" chamber to catch any liquid from last bubbler in system, or from reservoir if no bubbler is present...

The idea being that under heavy breaking or acceleration, liquid could reach the gas output tube and be pushed along towards the engine inlet.

Most of them that I have seen would have problems under such conditions I think.

Anyways, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Humanoid_1 View Post
    One thing that has been on my mind is an empty "bubbler" chamber to catch any liquid from last bubbler in system, or from reservoir if no bubbler is present...

The idea being that under heavy breaking or acceleration, liquid could reach the gas output tube and be pushed along towards the engine inlet.

Most of them that I have seen would have problems under such conditions I think.

Anyways, good luck.
    that is a good idea, i don't like the idea of having large vessels filled with HHO, but an additional dry chamber, maybe even w/a paper filter seems like it could prevent some problems, at lest it couldn't hurt.
    I=V/R so R=V/I and V=I*R
    P=V*I
    (I=Amps, V=volts, P= power in watts, R=resistance in ohms)

I see your point too,

but...

pure HHO in a sealed chamber does not explode, it implodes - there are quite a few videos on youtube where you can see people intentionally "blowing" their main bubbler chambers to test this.

Is a fairly strong reaction, but in most cases not a problem to the reservoir + of course a flash back arrestor can be used.

Flashback Arrestor Note:
    Do not use those check valve types... they don't work very well. Have seen a number of kits supplied with them.

Check out this video I just found demonstrating this as part of their sale - looks good actually:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThTmG9Hbiis

Though I have never heard of a flashback problem in a car, only from torches...
    ...the reason this should not happen is simply that the concentration of HHO once feeding into the intake is not enough to burn once so diluted. Even going by high pressure hot turbo etc.

Yeah, I was quite impressed with that vid, will be buying a few too I think - never was tooo keen on the potentially restrictive brass wool types.

Are these ClearFlash things restrictive to flow much or at all??

...Never mind will sort something else for myself or make my own type, they don't ship outside US.

I can't seem to find this arrester anywhere on the net besides YouTube. Does anyone have a link to where I can buy one?

Quote Originally Posted by N11634 View Post
    I can't seem to find this arrester anywhere on the net besides YouTube. Does anyone have a link to where I can buy one?
    He's on Ebay

http://shop.ebay.com/bruceenergetics...&_trksid=p4340
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Andy
    HHOSportTrac
    21 Plate 3" X 7" KOH Dry Cell

Thanks! I searched 3 different ways and never found this one!