Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eliminate this possibility, please.

Smith03Jetta Guest
    take a look at my youtube videos of aluminum reaction. i used a piece of an old Harley Davidson Transmission cover to make some hydrogen. It was dirty and took a while to start producing but when it did it was really good. It kept making gas the whole weekend after I disconnected the electricity. It didn't make a lot but it kept making it. My Youtube name is smithseats.

stickittoopec Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mangyhyena View Post
    Wow, so current can get the reaction going. When you removed the current and it kept going, at a lower production rate, I wonder if the film was reforming. Given more time I assume the reaction would have stopped.
    I wonder what the minimum amount of current required to break the film is. If it is lower than electrolyzing, wouldn't you be able to make enough to run a generator? I've been looking high and low for a closed loop system where the generator supplies the power it takes to run itself while still having enough left over to use. I realize using aluminum would be "cheating" as the aluminum is what would actually be breaking hydrogen loose, but the end result would be the same with the one qualifier being that you have to supply the aluminum.
    I found a book on converting engines to run on hydrogen. I think I'll order it and see if we can get a generator to run itself by either adding current to aluminum to get hydrogen, or off the hydrogen produced via chemical reaction.

Lastly, a friend of mine was telling me how he used to buff off the paint on aluminum cans for the heck of it. It made me wonder if an aluminum can could be used in the reaction if the printing was buffed off. Might be more work than it's worth. Don't know.

My last question would be, is the exhaust clean when using the hydrogen produced in an acid bath or does some of the pollution make it through the system and out the exhaust?

You all are great, BTW. Unbelievable commitment from you all. Thanks.
    Try it - it's easy. Get a container and a battery or battery charger a piece of aluminum can and a stainless steel wall plate. Put some baking soda in the water hook the positive to the stainless steel an the negative to the aluminum. Be sure to get a good connection and don't let the two pieces touch. When you turn on the power it will start slow then pick up. See Smith03Jetta 's video.

Smith03Jetta
    I think those aluminum casings are anodized and are a higher grade aluminum. That will slow the reaction down. The drink cans are soft aluminum so they react faster. It's easy to melt aluminum I've seen it done on Youtube with paint cans and charcoal. I was going to take an old broom stick and route groves up and down the length and use that to form the sand mold. Instant fuel rods.

jjb2888 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mangyhyena View Post
    I was looking at chemical reactions to produce hydrogen on the net. I had read an experiment performed by a member here before I looked this up. In the experiment here I saw that a member used aluminum foil in his electrolyzer unit and produced a massive amount of what he believed to be HHO. Then I looked up a method of producing pure hydrogen. This method uses pellets made of a combination of aluminum and gallium submersed in water to produce pure hydrogen. Here is the way it works. Aluminum will separate oxygen from hydrogen in water. What stops this from happening is a thin film that forms over the aluminum, caused by oxidation, the instant aluminum is submersed in water. Gallium stops this film from forming. Without this film coating aluminum in water, the aluminum absorbs the oxygen in the water, which breaks the hydrogen loose. The hydrogen can then be used to run an engine or hydrogen cell.

Now, back to the experiment here. What if the electrolyzer in his unit produced only a little bit of HHO while the aluminum produced the bulk of the gas, which I believe may have been pure hydrogen, not HHO? What if, when he put electricity through the aluminum foil, he broke that film and allowed the aluminum to react with the water to produce pure hydrogen?

If I'm right about this then an almost unlimited amount of hydrogen could be produced with very little input of energy. The input energy would be used ONLY to break this thin film on the aluminum, not to break loose the hydrogen from the oxygen. It would then be the aluminum absorbing oxygen from the water that produced the hydrogen as a byproduct for use in an ICE engine, not electrolysis.

The way to test this and prove it wrong so I can move on is to put a piece of aluminum in water and hit it with electricity. If no hydrogen forms then I'm wrong and I can get this out of my head. If hydrogen does form then I don't know what I'll do. Freak out? LOL.

It got me to thinking about Stan Meyer. What if he was using aluminum pipes instead of the stainless steel pipes like he claimed? What if he was hitting the aluminum pipes with just enough electricity to break the film so the aluminum could react with the water and make hydrogen? After all, did you read anywhere that anyone confirmed that those pipes were indeed stainless steel and not aluminum? Would you be able to tell the difference between stainless steel pipes and aluminum pipes if they were sitting in water and you couldn't hold them in your hands? And remember also that his "electrolyzer" produced no heat. Perhaps it produced no heat because breaking that film around aluminum requires no where near as much electricity as electrolyzing water.

OK, so I've absolutely got to be wrong about this, right? Please, please prove me wrong and post about it here. The sooner I get this foolishness out of my head the better. Thanks.
    What is happening is the gallium is spread onto the aluminum and the dropped into the water. The aluminum reacts with the oxy in the water producing Aluminum Oxyide while the bubbles given off is Hydrogen. The only byproduct is Aluminum Oxyide. The Aluminum is consumed in the reaction with no electricity. The Gallium can be reclaimed out of the process easily and reused. The Gallium allows the Aluminum to oxydize without building that film. The problem is stopping the reaction when car is off.

mangyhyena Guest
    The main question, when you get down to it, was; Can the oxide film on aluminum be broken with electricity? In other words, instead of electrolyzing to get HHO, can we use a much lower amount of electricity to break the oxide film on aluminum and produce pure hydrogen via a chemical reaction that does not require acid? Yes, it would look like electrolysis but it would actually be a chemical reaction jump-started by electricity.

That I could find, Stan Meyer never said he was producing HHO. Everyone assumed he was making HHO, just like they assumed his unit was an electrolyzer. I still think Stan Meyer was producing pure hydrogen and I believe he was using a chemical reaction to do it. I believe he was using SS pipes with aluminum pipes inside them. I think he was using pulsed, 1 amp/high voltage current to break the film on the aluminum pipes inside his SS pipes.

I could easily be wrong about this. But why, then, can no one reproduce his results going by his blueprints if we're not completely wrong about how his unit functioned? His unit functioned in some way no one understands. He used no additives in his water, very little electrical input, and got very high output of fuel. Aluminum pipes inside the SS pipes would explain the high production, the limited electrical input, and the lack of additives in the water of Stan's unit. If I'm right, which I might well not be.

sm0kin Guest
    couple of things:

would it not be better to use pure hydrogen instead of hho? no need to deal with sensors and it burns slower making it more usable for say burners and heaters.

in using the aluminum and ss tubes does the aluminum also change to Aluminum Oxyide or does it not change because you are also producing oxygen?

I see something like this suppling hydrogen for home use. where its stationary and size could be as large as a shed with condensers for the water vapor.

could the hydrogen/steam be routed through a coil of copper to allow for cooling and condensing ? then return the water to the main unit with a copper check valve?