Thread: 20 Litres per minute

20 Litres per minute

I was checking and I found that last month my furnace used 515000 litres of natural gas for the month. This works out to about 12 litres per minute. I do not think it would be too difficult to produce 12 litres a minute. Some semi trucks are using 12 to 15 litres per minute in their trucks. Am I right or wrong?
    Thanks, Mrx99

Quote Originally Posted by Mrx99 View Post
    I was checking and I found that last month my furnace used 515000 litres of natural gas for the month. This works out to about 12 litres per minute.

Thanks, Mrx99
    What percentage of the time is your furnace on? IF it's 10% of the time that means it's burning 120 LPM when on. 120 LPM is still do-able but... Also HHO burns much hotter than NG it might melt things

My question is could HHO boosting a NG furnace give a positive energy gain?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

What about diluting the HHO with air to reduce the potency, and increasing the volume without having to produce so much HHO
    03 Ford Focus 2.0 MTX mpg 32-37 summer. 30-32 winter w/o hho
    Jesus saves.

HHO for the home

My furnace ot at least my home used 550000 Litres of natural gas last month. That works out to about 12 litres a minute. I would love to see on demand HHO gas with a system to use that gas in existing natural gas furnaces. has anyone done any research on this? Do these things exist and if they do, who sells them?
    Thanks, Mrx99

Re: HHO furnace

I have no idea how long the furnace is on. This is all done automatically but the total use per hour would be 12 X 60 or 720 Liters per hour. The system would need a sensor to tell the HHO generator to kick in a few seconds before the furnace fired up. I do not like the idea of storing Hydrogen gas, On demand systems seem like the best way to go. If you lived in a rural area you could rig up an HHO system to run a generator for electricity as well.
    I have a small gas burner that heats up water on demand. The water is cold until the flow of water is sensed and then the burner fires up and keeps heating the water until there is no more flow. This switch could also be used to control the creating of HHO gases.
    Thanks, Mrx