Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to HHO, which one should i get?

New to HHO, which one should i get?

i have been hearing about this HHO stuff for quite some time and i am thinking of trying one out on my tow rig. I dont know very much about the systems as far as what is good and what is not but i have narrowed it down to these 3 cells

http://www.marchlabs.com/product_p/ml21%28b%29.htm

http://hhotek.com/products_auto_hydrogen.php
    http://alternativegassolutions.com/v...plete-kit.html

i have a diesel f450 so from what i have read i do not need any of the o2 or map controls....right?

which of those cells should i go with? anyone dealt with any of these guys before?

Also from what i can tell from the pictures the march cell is the largest in physical size and the hhotek one is very small from what i can tell and the hydro cell is kinda hard to tell the actual size, how much does the size matter? if i based it on physical size i would think the march cell would be best but hhotek is the only one who offers a 30 day warranty, but their cell is small.

Why is the alternativegassolutions test video "smoking"???

Marchlabs is over priced, and I don't know about the alternativegassolutions site...

HHOTek might be your best option, but to be honest... All three sites seem a little shady.

Of the 3 you have, March Lab is without a doubt the best quality. "IMO"
    Thier's would last the longest due to there materiials.

Size does matter. The larger the better when all else is equal.

No O2 mods needed.

Ask them about your f-450 application, they have done quite a few installs...
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Jackson View Post
    I totally disagree! I fell the smaller the better with all else equal....

But then again I am using Nickel 200... which is far superior to Stainless.

I fell all the cells on the market are overpriced. That is part of the driving force behind me developing my new cell (doubed the "Gem Cell" by all the guys that have seen it)

My advice, either build it yourself or wait a little while.

Shane
    Let us know the price when all said and done. Are you going to make different sizes? I would luv one of your gem cell but im not sure I would be able to afford one and would like to see MPG tests if this is ok for automotive HOD. A nice clean profesional build Shane, well done. Your going to be swamped off of your feet with orders when you start selling.

Talking

i had a conversation with Trevor from hhotek today and they seem on the up and up he actually told me that you Shane are actually just across town from him and after seeing this new cell you have, that i should give yours a shot if it wasnt tremendously more expensive. i gotta say i was a bit taken back by his level of honesty, its just a bit unusual from the hho companies i have talked to (only 3 or 4) everyone else says they have the best cell and all others are junk and he basically sent me to you lol

Anyways how much is yours going to cost shane? when will they be available

I totally disagree! I fell the smaller the better with all else equal....

Shane
    So what exactly do you disagree with? Do you think that less sq inches of surface area is better than more??? Please explain how 4x4 plates out last, or performs, 6x6 plates stack, all else being equal?

Yes, I agree there are better choices of cells, my 6x6 nickle cell would be better also, but he asked between his 3 choices.

PS. Your cell looks great!!!
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Shane
    At what Amps?

Yes there will be different sizes. I am hoping to keep the prices as follows:

The small will be the first available as it is large enough for most peoples needs.

Shane
    Definitely a very nice job. Please don't get mad at me, but I have to ask again.

Why do you think that there is no current leakage, if the water supply is common?

Water is a conductor. Just because you run it around a small passage, 7 or 8 inches, doesn't eliminate it's conductivity.

How are the plates prepped in you units?

Can you give us the amperage and voltage for the production claims you quote?

Believe me when I say that it is very well done and that I am not trying to diminish your work.

p

Actually you are correct. There is no way to eliminate absolutly all current leakage without completley isolating each gap.

The supply channel is 13.736 inches long from plate to plate. How many Mohms of resistance is that?? How does that compair to the .151 between the plates.

As for the plates they are media blasted to increase surface area.

I will post test results when I get the cell back and make a few changes in the design.

Shane
    I don't think the gap between the plates is the issue, it is the voltage traveling through the plates, unless you don't have neutrals.

Anyway, it is a good design regardless.

p

Shane how many Amps are you applying to the gem cell's LPM's?