Thread: temperture vs current & HHO

temperture vs current & HHO

From what I've been able to read the HHO out is proportional to current. I set up a small cell and heated it to about 115 F. As it cooled I measured the current . It dropped in half for a 60 degree drop in temperature. From other measurements it seems this is a result of the temperature of the stainless steel ( 316).

Quote Originally Posted by thedore View Post
    From what I've been able to read the HHO out is proportional to current. I set up a small cell and heated it to about 115 F. As it cooled I measured the current . It dropped in half for a 60 degree drop in temperature. From other measurements it seems this is a result of the temperature of the stainless steel ( 316).
    Remember, Water is way more conductive as temps go up. High temps will get you way better effeciency. Just build your cell to handle the high temps.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    Remember, Water is way more conductive as temps go up. High temps will get you way better effeciency. Just build your cell to handle the high temps.

Larry
    wouldn't you say heat is a double edged sword? If your cell is making heat, its also wasting potential water splitting capabilities (energy). and at the same time if you have a warmer cell your solution is more conductive.

Not to mention the increased water vapor you have to deal with.

That reminds me of Dr Eaton Cell testing. Has anyone heard back on the independent testing for his 20plus MMW water vapor cell, I mean HHO cell?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    wouldn't you say heat is a double edged sword? If your cell is making heat, its also wasting potential water splitting capabilities (energy). and at the same time if you have a warmer cell your solution is more conductive.

Not to mention the increased water vapor you have to deal with.

That reminds me of Dr Eaton Cell testing. Has anyone heard back on the independent testing for his 20plus MMW water vapor cell, I mean HHO cell?
    With the thousands of tests I have ran I have been able to easily keep the gas dry and at room temeprature. That is the easy part. I have ran my Nickel cell with the teflon gaskets at over 300 degrees F with 50 PSI back pressure. After both the bubblers the gas was still 69 degrees with no visible moisture at all. Even running the gas through kleenex's there was no moisture on the kleeenex. I do not put any of those video's on Youtube because of the inherent danger doing that. I can do it with complete safety because of the quality of materials I am using but someone will try and reproduce the results using less expensive materials and kill themselves. I have found nice gains doing that. By insulating the cell and resevoir the heat can be acheived fairly rapidly without lots of energy loss. I start with boiling distilled water. Then add 28% KOH. Before I start the cell up it is already over 200 degrees.

These are just tests that I wanted to run just to see the results. The real problem is two fold. First the expremely high cost of making a device that will handle those extremes. Most of our cells will just melt down into a pile of goo. It requires very expensive Teflon gaskets and end plates. Then Thick stainless backing plates and grade 8 bolts. Then the stainless high pressure resevoir, pressure regulator, and teflon lined stainless hoses will set you back $1000.00 alone before starting on the cell. Anything less would just be an instant very painful way to kill yourself. The second problem is the danger involved when you put the gas to work. I have never done anything with the gas other than measure it and vent it outside. Never in my wildest dream would I ignite the gas no matter how many flash ports and flashback arrestors I was using. At 50 PSI my resevoir has over 50 liters of compressed HHO inside at all times anong with 2 gallons of very hot e-lite containing 28% KOH.

I have measured very substantial effeciency gains under those conditions but just out of curiosity only. If anyone is thinking about trying it please do not bother. There are gains to be made but not worth the extreme cost and inherent danger involved. I will not show any of those type video's ever. That is one of the reasons I have not uploaded any new stuff in the last couple of months.

Larry
    2008 Nissan Frontier 4X4 Nismo. 12 MPG baseline with my normal commute and heavy stop and go daily driving. Generator installed and working on 3/29/2009

Up to 14.5 MPG with no enhancers. Still testing the effects of lots of HHO and no electronic enhancers.

Quote Originally Posted by H2OPWR View Post
    After both the bubblers the gas was still 69 degrees with no visible moisture at all. Even running the gas through kleenex's there was no moisture on the kleeenex. Larry
    Now your talking, way to go!

Im with you on the rest.
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."