Thread: O2 sensor opinions

O2 sensor opinions

I'm replacing my front O2 sensors. I'm hoping that will allow my EFIE's work better.

My question is about the rear ones. Could old rear O2 sensors effect performance on these 2 vehicles. (no codes or lights) 2001 GMC 3500, and 1994 Nissan quest.

The GMC has 2 options on front O2 sensors. Over 8500 lbs and under 8500 LBS, does anyone know the differance? Does the under look for a leaner exhaust?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Talking

please look into using a AFC. you can google S-AFC with your car or truck and see which is best to use

Yeah Rich, they seem like they could be a good idea, if they work on all vehicles. But from what I've read they don't. Also the harness hook up seems extreme and over my head. There is a guy locally i can ask about it. I'll do that.

But still, wont the S-AFC still need the O2 sensors to work there best?
    When you're one step ahead of the crowd you're a genius.
    When you're two steps ahead, you're a crackpot."

Rear O2 sensors just allow the computer to compare signals to keep an eye on the cat, to make sure it works correctly
    If you can read this, Thank a Teacher!! If you can read this in English, Thank a Soldier!!
    "A Veteran is someone who, at some point in his or her life, wrote out a blank check, payable to the United States of America, for an amount up to and including his life."

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    Yeah Rich, they seem like they could be a good idea, if they work on all vehicles. But from what I've read they don't. Also the harness hook up seems extreme and over my head. There is a guy locally i can ask about it. I'll do that.

But still, wont the S-AFC still need the O2 sensors to work there best?
    they work on almost all vehicle with a ECU and the wiring is not complicated, just do it right at the ECU where the wire harness is connected to the ECU, also a AFC is good because you can use it to check the sensors.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Jacques View Post
    I'm replacing my front O2 sensors. I'm hoping that will allow my EFIE's work better.

My question is about the rear ones. Could old rear O2 sensors effect performance on these 2 vehicles. (no codes or lights) 2001 GMC 3500, and 1994 Nissan quest.

The GMC has 2 options on front O2 sensors. Over 8500 lbs and under 8500 LBS, does anyone know the differance? Does the under look for a leaner exhaust?
    Roland,
    I believe that both of these vehicles use the pre-cat O2 sensors for ECM readings, but you should definitely find out for sure. Some newer models will use post-cat also.
    1998 Explorer 4x4, 4.0
    14 cell / 2 stack 6x9" drycell reactor 28%KOH dual EFIE, MAF enhancer, IAT & ECT controllers, 2.4 LPM @ 30 amps. 6.35 MMW http://reduceyourfuelbill.com.au/forum/index.php